There’s nothing like getting an unexpected card through the post from someone just to say hello, lend support, or send love. If someone you love is having a tough time, you might be thinking of sending a “thinking of you” card. But if your loved one is going through something really difficult, it can be hard to know just what to write in a thinking of you card.
If you’re struggling for some heartfelt words to write, we’re here to help with some suggestions for sweet “I’m thinking of you” messages that will help lend a little bit of strength to someone having a hard time. If you’re looking for words for a specific and sad situation, our “what to write in a sympathy card” and “what to write in a get well card” guides might be helpful.
Image source: Pexels
When you might send a thinking of you card
Our thinking of you cards can be sent for various situations whether you think someone deserves recognition and praise, has had a rough time recently, or you just want to do your good deed for the day. We’ve got a card for that.
The purpose of our cards is to lift someone up and let them know that there is someone in their life that cares. All in all, you don’t need a real ‘reason’ to send one of our thinking of you cards and it’s more about the gesture than anything else.
Thinking of you messages
If you’re struggling to find the right words, here are a few messages to send to a friend to say “I’m thinking of you, and I’m here”. Whether they’re having a hard time at work, suffering a loss, going through bereavement or illness, these words will help you communicate your love and support:
- I just want you to know that you’ve been in my thoughts.
- Thinking of you and sending smiles and hugs your way.
- Just wanted you to know that I’m here for you, today and always.
- One bad chapter doesn’t mean a bad ending. No matter what page you’re on, I’m here.
- I’ve been thinking of you lots, and I’m here for you, okay?
- I have no words – but I have a shoulder to lean on and a hand to hold.
- We might not know yet what’s in store, but I’m here, whatever you need me for.
- I will always, always have your back.
- I may be too far away to hold your hand or hug you right now, but you are not alone, and I’m not going anywhere.
- I know it’s been a little while, but I want you to know that I’m thinking of you and sending love.
And what could pair perfectly with one of these thinking of you card messages? A beautiful bunch of flowers of course – so browse our selection of gifts to send alongside your loving card. The person receiving it will be forever grateful – we can assure it!
Thinking of you messages to make them smile
Sometimes you just want to tell a friend “I’m thinking of you” – but sometimes maybe your loved one needs a bit of cheering up. If you’re wondering what to write in a thinking of you card to keep it light, are a few lighter messages to get you started. For more inspiration, check out our range of uplifting and funny “thinking of you” cards to bring a little silver lining to cloudy days.
- Imagine that this card is a little paper hug, from me to you. Sorry about the paper cuts.
- Keep your spirits up: lift the bottle over your head before you start pouring.
- When life gives you lemons, make a gin and tonic.
- Think of this as a paper credit note for a real, massive, in-person hug soon.
- When all else fails, open the biscuits.
- Sometimes you forget that you’re totally awesome, so this is a little reminder.
- I wish I could take your pain away and give it to some total prick we both really dislike.
- It’s your story, honey. Feel free to hit ‘em with a plot twist whenever you want.
- You’re in my inappropriate thoughts.
- To quote the great thinker of our time, Kris Jenner: “you’re doing amazing sweetie”.
You know what else would make them beam with joy? A present! In particular, these types of messages would go perfectly with an uplifting plant. Browse our range of plant gifts and wait for a text from them thanking you profusely!
Positive and inspirational thinking of you messages
Not sure what to write in a “thinking of you” card for a friend who’s going through a tough time? Give them a little boost with these inspirational “thinking of you” messages to encourage and support them:
- You can do this. End of story.
- Do what you love, and love what you do, ‘cos there’s no one around who can do this like you.
- You are strong as hell.
- Remember, you are an undefeated champion against all the bad days that you have experienced.
- Things are tough but you’re a whole lot tougher.
- You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and more loved than you can possibly imagine.
- You’re stronger than a bag for life mate. You’ve got this.
- Brighter days are on their way.
- Have courage, dear heart.
- Tough times don’t last, but tough people do.
You know what else metaphorically says, “Hey friend, thinking of you always”? A scrumptious chocolate gift, and we have plenty for you to choose from to send along with your card. So, take your pick!
Image source: Unsplash
Empowering thinking about you card messages for a positive situation
Maybe you want to do something special in response to a happy event? Well, writing out a card is certainly a nice way to compliment them, and we’ve got some thinking of you card messages for a positive situation that might work for you:
- Look at you go, you’re practically flying.
- How could we not be thinking of you in this moment, this is your moment!
- Forever rooting for you and your biggest fans.
- Just wanted to send a little note that you always pop up in my mind!
- I feel like it’s been a while since I told you how proud I am.
Thinking of you at this difficult time messages
Life is so unpredictable and full of both ups and downs. When someone you know is having a bit of a tough time, you can support them by making sure they know you’re there for them.
One way to do this is with a card finished off with a nice little note. But if you’re not sure what to say, we’ve come up with some thinking of you at this difficult time messages that might be of use to you:
- Honestly, you are such an inspiration for handling everything the way you do.
- If only I could take some of this away, always here if you need whenever you need.
- Sending all the love and hugs your way and know that you’ll power through this.
- I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through; you handle it all with such grace.
- I know it’s not much but I just wanted to let you know that you’re in my thoughts.
Cute thinking of you messages when you miss someone
Perhaps you and a close friend (or a family member) have drifted apart recently, simply because – well, life’s got in the way! With our hectic schedules comes less time to check in with people, even when we’re thinking of them every single day. But remember, you don’t need to just send a thinking of you card when someone’s struggling; checking in is really important, too.
So, take note of these cute thinking of you messages, just to say hi that you can send your bestie or your parents a little pick-me-up in the post:
- As Adele once sang, “Hello from the other siiiiideeee”. Missing you mate! Hope you’re well.
- Hey you – I know it’s been a while so I thought I’d send you a nice card. Because, unlike a WhatsApp message, you won’t feel pressured to reply…
- Hi, hi, hi. Only me. I just wanted to say I’m thinking of you Mum, even if I do forget to reply to your texts sometimes! Love you.
- I’m writing to say a simple hello, because that’s all we need sometimes, ey? Lots of love – your new pen pal!
- Life is hella’ hectic, so I wanted to send a little “hello” to prove you’re still (and always) at the forefront of my mind.
- Isn’t saying “hi” so much better in a card? How are you doing my love?
We have a whole range of “just because” cards for you to get your hands on. So, check them out and get sending your friend thinking of you messages to bring a smile to their face!
Image source: Unsplash
Thinking of you card messages about meeting up soon
If it’s been a while since you’ve seen a friend of yours, why not send a sweet message to let them know they’re on your mind and you’d like to get together. For anyone not too sure what to write, here are some thinking of you card about meeting up soon:
- It’s been a hot second since we last met up, we should definitely do something.
- Hope everything’s been alright with you, I was thinking about you and how long it’s been, let’s get together soon!
- I was thinking about old times the other day, it would be great to see you and go for a drink sometime.
- It can be hard to make plans as an adult, but I’d really like to have a catch up soon.
- Me, you, drinks, and a whole load of fun – you in?
- I’m near where you are soon, want to go get some food and chit-chat?
Thinking of you quotes
Thinking of you messages don’t always need to be straight from the horse’s mouth. Often, with these types of cards, it helps to add a sympathetic, loving quote for them to refer back to, or just read and take note of. And if you’re wondering what to say in a thinking of you card, these little beauties will definitely help…
Here are some of our favourite thinking of you quotes to include in your chosen card:
- “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.”– Virginia Woolf
- “Want to know a secret? Someone out there can’t stop thinking about you. You are Beautiful. Don’t ever believe differently.” – Drake
- “You’ve got a friend in me” – Toy Story
- “I just wanted to let you know that I feel very lucky to have you in my life.” – Ann Lynn
- “My thoughts are free to go anywhere, but it’s surprising how often they head in your direction.”– Perez
- “I saw two fallen branches in the shape of a heart. Thought of you.”– Stephanie Perkins
They’re all pretty great, right? Alongside adding one of these heart-warming messages to your chosen thortful quote card, you can send a gift that will bring a smile to their face from our extensive collection. So, take a look at which says, “really thinking of you friend”, and choose which would be their favourite. Then add it to your order – easy!
Some of our favourite thinking of you cards
If you can’t find the right card to send to say just what you mean, check out our range of “thinking of you” cards. All of our cards are designed by our lovely independent card creators, which means we have a huge range. From subtle and supportive cards to laugh-out-loud designs to make them smile, we have hundreds to pick from, so you’re sure to find a truly thoughtful “thinking of you” card.
Hopefully your card will bring a much-needed smile to your loved ones’ faces during tough times. If you need more inspiration, check out the rest of our the thortful blog for more positive articles and lifestyle guides such as how to beat the blues.