Is someone close to you about to become a parent? No matter if it’s their first baby, or their third, the arrival of new life into the world is always an exciting time. And what better way to celebrate the boundless joy and lack of sleep coming the soon-to-be parent’s way than with a baby shower! Baby showers are undoubtedly the most adorable parties to host. Teeny, tiny socks and shoes, little blankets that are perfect for swaddling, cute cuddly toys – it’s the ideal occasion for showering the parents with thoughtful gifts. And if there are presents being gifted, that also means you’ll need to send cute baby shower wishes with them! So, find that perfect new baby card, and get ready to fill it full of baby shower messages. But if you’re unsure what to write in a baby shower card, thortful is here to help you craft the perfect message. There can be a bit of pressure around writing baby shower messages, especially if they’re going to be read out. But with our help, there’s no reason you won’t be able to send the parent’s some baby shower wishes that touch their heart.
Cute baby shower messages
Babies can literally be the cutest things alive, most of the time. So why not make the parents go aww and bring a tear to their eye with one of these cute new baby card messages.
- Hi (name), I can’t wait to meet you and watch you take your first curious steps into the big, wide world!
- Parenting is not always easy. If you need support, all you have to do is ask.
- I can’t believe you’re a first-time mum! There’s no one who would make a better parent!
- (Name) is so lucky to be born to you. You’re going to raise one incredible child.
- I’m honoured that you want me to be a part of (name)’s first adventures!
- You’re going to be a mom! That’s so cool!
Funny baby shower messages
Of course, parenthood is more than just cooing over the new little one. There’s all the… other stuff that comes with it. Why not send a funny new baby card to remind them of everything they’ve got to look forward to.
- The fact you’re having a baby is awesome – shall we book our next night out three years in advance?
- Worried about not getting enough sleep? Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get used to it, eventually.
- You’re having a tiny human! I can’t wait to meet them.
- Oh my God, you’re having another baby! Careful, any more and you’ll be outnumbered.
- This is getting out of hand, now you’ve got two of them!
- Congrats on your tiny human! Good luck, you’re gonna need it.
- Your baby isn’t even born yet and you’re already giving off big dad energy.
Cheeky baby shower wishes
If you know the parent’s really well, then you might even be able to get away with a cheeky new baby card message, something that’s sure to get a tongue-in-cheek laugh.
- Oh god, you’re having another one?
- Enjoy the new baby – I’ll enjoy sleeping all night and not wiping someone else’s arse.
- Sure, your baby will be cute to begin with, but just wait until it hits the terrible twos.
- Now, I know you two can both take care of plants, but it’s important to remember that babies are a little bit more complicated than them.
- Congratulations on creating your first human, I guess you finally figured out where babies come from.
- Sh*t’s getting real! …literally, it’s gonna be everywhere. Congrats!
- You think you’re going to have any free time? Ha!
- It’s okay – I’ve heard they bounce. Congrats and good luck!
Baby shower quotes
Plenty of very clever people have said some very clever things about babies over the years – here are a few brilliant baby shower quotes to write in a card.
- ‘Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.’ – AA Milne
- ‘I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.’ Vincent Van Gogh
- ‘A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.’ – Victor Hugo
- ‘And though she be but little, she is fierce.’ – William Shakespeare
- ‘Little boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up a day older.’ – J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Maternity card messages
Sometimes we aren’t all lucky enough to be invited to a baby shower, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still send the new parent’s some love with baby shower messages in a maternity card.
- Babies bring so much joy to the world, you’re going to have a lot of fun.
- You bring so much passion to your job, so I know you’ll bring that same love and attention to parenting.
- Don’t worry, we’ve got your work covered till you get back.
- Don’t forget to send pictures so we can see how cute they are!
- You’ve got such a fun journey ahead of you, so don’t even think about work while you’re gone.
These are just some of the ideas you could make use of when writing your baby shower messages, but if you’re looking for even more inspiration, why not head over to the thortful blog. We’ve got tons of inspiration, including a guide on what to write in a new baby card for when that due date finally arrives!