When the big stork in the sky delivers a bouncing baby to your nearest and dearest, you can’t help but be touched by all the happiness and joy that comes with their newest arrival. You’ll want to send a congratulatory card filled with sweet new baby messages to the new parents, praising them for getting through the birth and coming home with the cutest little bundle.
When it comes to new baby messages to write in your carefully-chosen congratulations card, it can sometimes be a little tricky to really hit the spot of expressing how happy you are, or even just finding the words to let them know that what comes next will be awesome and hard and totally worth it. But never fear – thortful is here, to give you all our helpful tips and tricks on what to write in a new baby card so you always say the right thing!
Having second thoughts about the card you have? You’ll find everything from sweet and sincere designs to funny new baby cards in our range – all with next day delivery. And don’t forget to send the new parents an extra-thoughtful gift with any of our cards. Just add on anything from flowers or a luxury candle, or maybe a bottle of alcohol free spirit for breastfeeding mums craving a ‘G’&T – they’ll need a little bit of something nice to help them get through the sleepless nights!
Sweet new baby wishes
Writing new baby messages to welcome the new arrival is easy when you use our sweet card prompts – simply read on for inspiration and you’ll find the words just come to you.
- Congratulations on the arrival of your new bundle of joy!
- I wish your new family all the happiness and joy.
- I’m so excited to meet the newest member of the family
- It’s great to see you three doing well. What a lucky baby you’re going to have!
- Congratulations on your new addition! Wishing you the best with your next adventure.
- Looking forward to seeing her/his beautiful smile!
- You have created a mini human being! Let the excitement begin!
- Congratulations to you both. Get ready for dirty nappies and sleepless nights!
Funny new baby messages
Let’s face it – new babies are lovely, but they’re also a bit stressful – the new parents are bound to need something to give them a bit of a smile during those long (long, long) sleepless nights. Here are a few funny new baby messages to send – and make sure you pick up a funny new baby card to go along with it.
- Hopefully you are looking forward to having a full house, and full nappies too!
- May your hearts be forever full, and your bank account forever empty thanks to your new arrival!
- Congratulations! Your baby is way cuter than the other babies I’ve seen.
- Congratulations on the arrival of your son/daughter – I’ll see you again in 18 years when they’ve moved out.
- Hopefully your little angel doesn’t turn out to be half as devilish as her parents!
- Hopefully it’s not too much work looking after another baby besides your husband.
- Now you can talk to yourself in public and people will think you’re just talking to the baby!
- Can’t wait to block you on social media when you post too many pictures of your cute baby! Congratulations on your gorgeous addition to the family.
Baby boy card messages
Our suggested baby boy card messages are sure to make new parents blush with pride. Try combining a few of these new baby wishes to make the perfect congratulations message for new parents! Pair your new baby boy card with one of our best newborn baby boy gifts.
- Congratulations on the arrival of your bouncing baby boy.
- Congratulations on becoming the mother of such a sweet little boy.
- I wish you the best and send endless love for your little prince. Happy motherhood/fatherhood!
- Best wishes to you and your family on the birth of your baby boy.
- Hopefully your little boy grows up to the best son you could ever ask for.
- Looking forward to meeting daddy’s little double act – hopefully he has the same sweet smile.
- Can’t wait to see your little troublemaker grow up and take over the house!
- Hold onto every second with your precious little boy – they go by far too quickly.
What to write in a new baby girl card
When it comes to what to write in a new baby girl card, there are so many lovely things you can say about their brand new princess. Our best gifts for a newborn baby girl make for the perfect accompaniment to your new baby girl card.
- Congratulations, you’ve created a mini-me!
- I hope that you will have a colourful life filled with happiness and joy because today your best friend for life has arrived.
- Whether she’s daddy’s little girl or mummy’s best friend, she’ll always be so loved.
- Can’t wait for this young lady to grow up and be the boss of the house!
- Cherish every second with your beautiful little girl – the moments go too fast!
- You are now the mother/father of the sweetest little angel to grace this earth!
- So happy to hear that your little girl has arrived safely and happily – looking forward to meeting her properly!
- Your little girl is going to change your life for the better and you’ll wonder how you ever got through life without her!
New baby messages for grandparents
When there’s a new arrival in the family, a lot of the messages are sent to the parents (as they should), but what about the grandparents?! They’ll still be equally as excited to have a new baby in the family and take on all the typical grandparent duties.
So, if you feel they deserve some recognition here are some new baby messages for grandparents:
- Congratulations on your newest member of the family and welcome to the grandparent club!
- You’re going to be the absolute coolest grandparents, sending love and well wishes to the whole family.
- What wonderful news! Grandchildren really are a joy, especially since you don’t have to deal with all the horrible parenting bits.
- Enjoy every minute of being a grandparent to the little one because, as I’m sure you remember, they grow up so fast.
- But wait, I thought grandparents were supposed to be ancient and super wrinkly? You could pass for their actual parents!
New baby messages for twins/triplets
What about if they’ve not just got one new addition to the household but two or three? Wish them the best of luck with one of these new baby messages for twins or triplets:
- Wowee, good luck with changing two/three loads of nappies! Let’s hope they end up having a similar sleeping pattern.
- Congratulations on having two bundles of joy!
- What a joy to bring home two/three safe adorable babies.
- Congratulations on your expanding family, hope you’ve got enough room for all the toys and clothes!
- You made multiple tiny humans in one go, what a superhero power.
- Welcome to the world little ones!
New baby quotes
If you’re just too overwhelmed with the joy of a newborn and can’t put words together to form a message, we understand. For ease, here are some new baby quotes that you can always fall back on:
- “Words can not express the joy of new life.” – Hermann Hesse
- “A baby is a wishing well. Everyone puts their hopes, their fears, their pasts, their two cents in.” – Elizabeth Bard
- “Anyone who’s looked into a newborn’s innocent eyes should realize how incredible it is to be blessed with a new life.” – John Kennedy
- “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.” – Olivia Wilde
- “You hear that having a baby is hard. You hear the horror stories. Yes, having a baby is hard. Nothing so beautiful could come from something that’s easy.” – Brenda Kosciuk
Baby arrival messages from grandparents
Grandparents play a huge role in the life of a newborn, and can offer assistance to any new parents who might feel overwhelmed! If you’re a grandparent, these are some baby arrival messages you can send to the new parents:
- I can’t actually believe my baby has had their own baby. Crazy to think I’m actually a grandparent now!
- A healthy and happy grandbaby is all I could have ever wished for, congratulations both!
- Boy, I can’t wait for babysitting duties – feel free to go out as often as you wish!
- This certainly is an extremely proud moment for me and I’m always here if you ever need any advice from someone who’s been through it,
- I swear I’m going to be the best grandparent ever and can’t wait to spoil the little one rotten.
Newborn wishes for coworkers
Newborn wishes for coworkers can be a bit tricky as you probably want to send your best wishes but understand you’re probably not that close. To help, here’s some inspiration on how to congratulate a colleague on their new arrival:
- Wishing you all the best on the arrival of [insert baby’s name]. Can’t wait for you to bring him into work!
- Warm wishes on your beautiful baby boy/girl and definitely take this time to rest and be together.
- Sending all the best wishes to you, your partners, and the bundle of joy. Congratulations!
- You’re going to make a great mother/father and enjoy this precious time as a family.
- With a parent like you, this little one is going to be amazing. Make sure to enjoy every second!
- Congratulations! On behalf of everyone at work, we wanted to send our best to the newest member of the team.
Messages to say congratulations to new parents on their adoption
Adoption truly is just as much of a blessing! So, if you know someone who’s recently gone through the whole adoption process then these sample congratulatory adoption new baby messages are bound to come in handy:
- I know it’s not been easy for you both, but you really are going to make the most amazing parents. Congratulations on your growing family!
- Honestly, it’s hard to put into words the happiness I feel knowing your wish has come true, this baby is going to have the time of their life with you two.
- Congratulations on your adoption, welcome to parenthood!
- Sending all the best wishes to you, the long journey of adoption is officially over and you have a new baby to love and treasure!
- May you and your new family member settle in well. If you ever need anything we’re always here and we can’t wait to meet the little one!
If you’re still a little stuck for inspiration, check out our what to write section of our blog to find some more hilarious, sweet and rude messages that will perfectly suit your card – and its recipients! The thortful blog also has lots of fun ideas to help you plan a surprise party for the new parents.