A christening is the first big event in a child’s life – but since they’re very unlikely to appreciate beautifully-penned heartfelt sentiments while they’re still in a baby onesie, it can be hard to know what to write in the christening card. Well, to make it nice and simple, we’ve pulled together a list of christening messages perfect to put in the card. Whether you’re a proud godparent, family, or friend, read on and pick your favourite to write in the card. And if you’re looking for the perfect card, we’ve got that covered too – check out our full range of cute christening cards.
Simple christening messages
Keeping it classic really is the best way to go sometimes and instead of trying to come up with lots of fancy words, these simple christening messages will still be more than enough to convey your best wishes:
- Happy christening day, little [name]. You are so loved – so much more than you can possibly know.
- Here’s wishing you a life filled with lots of laughter and endless love.
- Our most heartfelt congratulations on this wonderful day! Thank you for having us here for this very special occasion.
- Sending lots of love and best wishes to you all on this special day.
- Wishing your little one and your whole family a wonderful christening, and years of happy memories together.
- Wishing you countless blessings and a life filled with joy.
What to write in a christening card for a boy
Have you been invited to attend the christening of the new bouncing baby boy? If you’ve already picked up a christening card for him and just need to write something inside, we’ve come up with some truly lovely christening day wishes for a boy:
- To a very special little boy on his christening day – best wishes and lots of love.
- Wishing your lovely boy a life full of happiness and health.
- You’re a little boy to be proud of, and we can’t wait to watch you grow.
- It’s a special day for a very special little man – sending our best wishes for him on this day and all the days of his life.
- I can’t wait to watch you grow into a man over the next few decades – we’ll be cheering for you every step of the way.
- Lots of love to a very special little guy on this special day. Here’s to many more happy memories!
Christening card messages for a girl
Let the little girl know how loved and blessed she already is with a beautiful card that she’ll end up treasuring. Can’t quite think of the right thing to say yourself? Here are some suggestions from us for christening card messages for a girl:
- To a beautiful little girl on her christening day
- What a wonderful day to celebrate a brilliant little girl! Thank you for letting me be a part of this special day.
- May your little girl be blessed with good fortune and her future filled with endless joy.
- To the cutest baby girl in the world, congratulations on your special day.
- You’re the loveliest little girl, and we’re so glad to be here on your special day and to get to watch you as you grow.
- Wishing your little girl the love and grace of God on this very special occasion.
Christening card messages from godparents
Godparents play a huge role during a christening, making a promise to be a guiding figure in the child’s life. If you’ve been chosen and want to put it down in words as well, here are some appropriate christening card messages from godparents:
- I will always be here for you, little one – I can’t wait to watch you grow up, and make tons of happy memories with you over the years.
- I am so proud to be your godparent – I promise to always be here for you as you grow.
- I pledge that I will be the very best godparent I can be. I will always be here with a hand to hold and an ear to listen as you grow.
- We are so proud to be your godparents, and we promise we’ll do our very best to live up to this honour.
- Always in your life, and never far away – we swear that we’ll be there for you when you need us one day.
- I can’t wait to watch you grow, little one. I’m so proud to be your godparent.
Christening messages from grandparents
No matter if it’s your first grandchild or your tenth, a christening is a special occasion for the entire family to be excited about. A card is a wonderful way to send your best wishes to your grandson or granddaughter and we’ve even pulled together some examples of christening messages from grandparents to make it that much easier:
- An important day for the entire family, we’re so blessed to be able to call ourselves your grandparents.
- We can’t wait to watch you grow up and are so happy we get to celebrate this special occasion with you.
- To our darling grandson/daughter, today is a proud moment for us and for God, happy christening day!
- Sending hugs and kisses on your christening day and looking forward to watching you grow up.
- Wishing a wonderful christening day to our gorgeous grandchild [insert baby’s name], we’re always here for you no matter what.
Funny christening card messages
There’s no occasion that can’t be made even jollier with a little added humour, and that goes for a christening too! Let your cheery personality shine through with our funny christening card messages:
- If one day your mum and dad can’t be arsed looking after you, you can probably come live with me.
- Get dunked, little one. See you on the other side.
- Consider this card an IOU – in 18 years, give me a shout and we’ll swap it for a beer.
- I promise I’ll do my best not to forget your birthday for the next 18 years.
- Always remember, this is the day that a bloke in a funny outfit tried to drown you, and your whole family just stood there and took pictures.
- Congratulations on the tiny human – looks like a good’un!
Religious wishes for a christening
Since a christening is a religious occasion, you might prefer to focus on that aspect so here are some religious wishes for a christening that you can include in your card along with a few verses for christening cards too:
- “And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.” – Mark 10:16
- On this joyous and holy day, may God smile upon your baby and forever keep them in his care.
- “And the child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.” – Luke 2:40
- May the Lord bless you and your family with love and joy. Have a magnificent christening day.
- “Start children off on the way they should go and even when they are old they will not turn from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
- May God be present and help guide your baby through life.
Christening messages to the parents
With everyone sending wishes to the baby maybe you’d like to write one out for the parents too? Spread the joy and include one of our christening messages to the parents inside your card:
- I’m honoured to have been invited to your child’s christening and know that they’re so lucky to have you both as parents.
- Congratulations to your little one on their christening day! Wishing you all the happiness in the world and that God blesses your family.
- Today is all about helping your child take the first step towards long-lasting faith. God bless you all!
- We’re honoured to be part of such a milestone in your baby’s life. May their christening day be filled with joy and happiness.
- Warmest wishes to you and your child, we know how important this day is to you all.
Now you know what to write in a christening card, all you need is… well, the actual card. And luckily for you, here at thortful we’ve got a brilliant collection of christening cards, all designed by our independent card creators. And why not send your card along with a gift for the new parents, too? If you’re looking for gifting ideas for the baby, we’ve also got you covered – check out our guides on best newborn baby gifts for a boy and gift ideas for a little girl. For more great guides on what to write and other helpful tips, check out the thortful blog.