A christening is the first big event in a child’s life – but since they’re very unlikely to appreciate beautifully-penned heartfelt sentiments while they’re still in a baby onesie, it can be hard to know what to write in the christening card. Well, to make it nice and simple, we’ve pulled together a list of christening messages perfect to put in the card. Whether you’re a proud godparent, family, or friend, read on and pick your favourite to write in the card. And if you’re looking for the perfect card, we’ve got that covered too – check out our full range of cute christening cards.
Simple christening messages
- Happy christening day, little [name]. You are so loved – so much more than you can possibly know.
- Here’s wishing you a life filled with lots of laughter and endless love.
- Our most heartfelt congratulations on this wonderful day! Thank you for having us here for this very special occasion.
- Sending lots of love and best wishes to you all on this special day.
- Wishing your little one and your whole family a wonderful christening, and years of happy memories together.
- Wishing you countless blessings, and a life filled with joy.
What to write in a christening card for a boy
- To a very special little boy on his christening day – best wishes and lots of love.
- Wishing your lovely boy a life full of happiness and health.
- You’re a little boy to be proud of, and we can’t wait to watch you grow.
- It’s a special day for a very special little man – sending our best wishes for him on this day and all the days of his life.
- I can’t wait to watch you grow into a man over the next few decades – we’ll be cheering for you every step of the way.
- Lots of love to a very special little guy on this special day. Here’s to many more happy memories!
Christening card messages for a girl
- To a beautiful little girl on her christening day
- What a wonderful day to celebrate a brilliant little girl! Thank you for letting me be a part of this special day.
- May your little girl be blessed with good fortune and her future filled with endless joy.
- To the cutest baby girl in the world, congratulations on your special day.
- You’re the loveliest little girl, and we’re so glad to be here on your special day and to get to watch you as you grow.
- Wishing your little girl the love and grace of God on this very special occasion.
Christening card messages from godparents
- I will always be here for you, little one – I can’t wait to watch you grow up, and make tons of happy memories with you over the years.
- I am so proud to be your godparent – I promise to always be here for you as you grow.
- I pledge that I will be the very best godparent I can be. I will always be here with a hand to hold and an ear to listen as you grow.
- We are so proud to be your godparents, and we promise we’ll do our very best to live up to this honour.
- Always in your life, and never far away – we swear that we’ll be there for you when you need us one day.
- I can’t wait to watch you grow, little one. I’m so proud to be your godparent.
Funny christening card messages
- If one day your mum and dad can’t be arsed looking after you, you can probably come live with me.
- Get dunked, little one. See you on the other side.
- Consider this card an IOU – in 18 years, give me a shout and we’ll swap it for a beer.
- I promise I’ll do my best not to forget your birthday for the next 18 years.
- Always remember, this is the day that a bloke in a funny outfit tried to drown you, and your whole family just stood there and took pictures.
- Congratulations on the tiny human – looks like a good’un!
Now you know what to write in a christening card, all you need is… well, the actual card. And luckily for you, here at thortful we’ve got a brilliant collection of christening cards, all designed by our independent card creators. And why not send your card along with a gift for the new parents, too? From flowers to fizz, you can add on a thoughtful gift along with any thortful card.
If you’re looking for gifting ideas for the baby, we’ve also got you covered – check out our guides on best newborn baby gifts for a boy and gift ideas for a little girl. For more great guides on what to write and other helpful tips, check out the thortful blog.