Stuck for a Father’s Day message to let your dad know just how much you love him, beer belly and all? Father’s Day is a day to tell your dad, grandfather, or stepdad just how much you love and value them, but it can be hard to know what to write in a Father’s Day card.
When you’re faced with a blank page, all too often your mind also ends up pretty much the same way. Well, don’t worry – we’re here to help, with dozens of Father’s Day messages to give you inspiration. Rip ’em off entirely, smush a few different sentences together, or let them serve as inspiration for your own sweet sentiments – we won’t tell dad if you don’t. And remember, with your card you’ll need a great present to match, so check out our Father’s Day gifts for more inspiration, and send it along with his card. He’ll be beaming with pride (and joy)!
Simple Father’s Day messages
Picking a Father’s Day message can be hard, especially if you don’t often talk about your feelings with your dad. These sweet and simple ‘Happy Father’s Day’ messages are a great starting point if you need a nudge in the right direction, but will also work just fine on their own if you want to keep it short and sweet.
- Dad, you are just the best. I love you.
- Thank you for everything, dad. Happy Father’s Day.
- I know you will always be there to support and help me, and I am so grateful.
- Dad, you are and always will be my hero.
- You’re never too old to need your dad.
- Dad – everything I am, you helped me to be.
- Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart. Happy Father’s Day, dad.
- Any man can be a father – but it takes something really special to be a dad.
Funny Father’s Day Quotes
Still struggling for a Father’s Day message that says it all? Just let someone else do the talking, by popping a funny Father’s Day quote inside! You’ll want a comical card to match, so take some inspiration from our cheeky Father’s Day cards and write one of these sterling messages inside. They’ll be giddy, grateful and giggling away in no time…
Here are some brilliant funny Father’s Day quotes from celebrities and famous dads:
- “If you’re not yelling at your kids, you aren’t spending enough time with them.” – Mark Ruffalo
- “Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch.” – Jon Stewart
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person – he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” – Tim Russert
- “The nature of impending fatherhood is that you are doing something that you’re unqualified to do, and then you become qualified while doing it.” –John Green
- “To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.” – Euripides
- “You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.” – Jerry Seinfeld.
Check out our quote Father’s Day cards, too, for more inspiration.
Funny Father’s Day messages
Does your dad love a laugh? Then give him a giggle with a funny Father’s Day message. From snarky to a bit rude, these funny Father’s Day card messages are sure to give him a good chuckle (even if it is at his expense). And for more ideas, check out our range of funny father’s day cards to find some more brilliant Father’s Day messages.
- Happy Father’s Day to the world’s greatest dad, from the world’s greatest kids. You’re welcome.
- Dad, well done, I’m awesome.
- Happy Father’s Day from your favourite financial burden.
- Dad – I’m sorry for giving you grey hair, but I think we can both agree that I was worth it.
- Of all the dads in the world, mum says she’s fairly certain that you’re mine.
- Dad, I can never repay you… literally.
- Thank you for always saving me from spiders and fetching things from the high shelves.
- Dad, you might not know everything, but you sure had me fooled for a while there.
Thoughtful Father’s Day messages
Wracking your brain for a genuinely sweet Father’s Day message to tell your old man just how much you care? Let us help with the hard part. Choose one of these thoughtful Father’s Day messages to write in your dad’s card, and then all you need to do is personalise your message with some happy memories and details to really let your dad know how much you value him.
- There’s no way I could possibly thank you enough for all you’ve given me, so I will just say thank you and I love you. Happy Father’s Day.
- Dad, you’re my role model and my hero. Thank you for showing me the way and always being there for me.
- I don’t say this often enough, but I am so grateful for everything you do for me. Thank you for everything.
- Everyone else might think they had the best dad ever – but I know that I did.
- Dad – I know you’ve loved me as long as I’ve lived, but I’ve loved you my whole life.
- To my advice giver, protector, problem solver, and all-round hero. Happy Father’s Day
- I am so proud to be your daughter/son and so grateful for all you’ve given me.
- Dad, you are in every one of my favourite memories. Thank you for so many wonderful years of good times and laughter.
Father’s Day messages for your husband or partner
Your husband or partner deserves recognition on Father’s Day; they’re the ones helping you boss family life. Or, they might have a child from a previous relationship, and you want to show how proud you are of them for forming such a strong family bond over the years. But as the event is looming, you might be struggling to think of what to write. Well, we’ve got some great Father’s Day messages in mind to make sure you nail this occasion!
Pinch one of these powerful Father’s Day card messages to show him how great a dad he is:
- Thanks for being a great dad to our kids all year round. Happy Father’s Day.
- You’re the best dad to our kiddos, and I’m forever thankful. Happy Father’s Day!
- To my partner in crime, Happy Father’s Day.
- Thanks for going above and beyond for our little family. Happy Father’s Day to you.
- Happy Father’s Day to you, I couldn’t run this ship without you.
- Let’s pop open a bottle of bubbly to celebrate you being the best dad ever. I love you.
- I hope our children turn out just like you. Happy Father’s Day.
- To the love of my life, thanks for loving our children as much as you love me. Happy Father’s Day.
- You’re such a caring dad. Happy Father’s Day!
Father’s Day messages for your son
It’s crazy to think that what was once your little boy is now a grown-up with his own kids to look after. Now it’s your time to celebrate (and congratulate) your beloved son for being the best dad he could be.
We’d recommend writing these Father’s Day messages for your son. Trust us, he’ll be so happy to read them:
- Happy Father’s Day, son. It’s great seeing you being such a great dad to our grandchildren. Love you.
- Son, Happy Father’s Day. We’re glad to see you’ve taken some parenting tips from us in your old age…
- You are the best dad, son. So proud of you. Happy Father’s Day.
- Happy Father’s Day to you son. Now do you get why we sent you to bed so early every night ;)?
- To our super son, well done on being a super dad. Happy Father’s Day.
- Enjoy this day dedicated to you, son. You deserve it. Well done on being a brilliant dad to your kids.
- I’d always hoped you’d take parenting tips from me, and since you have – I’ve realised how good they were! Happy Father’s Day.
Father’s Day messages for a first-time dad
Perhaps you’ve just had a child (or twins) with your beloved and you’re wondering what to write in a Father’s Day card? It’s their first, after all, so you’re going to want to make your Father’s Day messages as memorable as can be. He’ll fish out this monumental card one day and remember the happy memories of this occasion. But, what should you include?
Here are our favourite Father’s Day messages for the first-time dads in your life:
- Happy first Father’s Day to you buddy, you’ve had to say hello to cuddles and goodbye to sleep. So, enjoy today.
- It’s your first time around, so this Father’s Day should be extra special. Enjoy a day celebrating you!
- Welcome to parenthood. It’s one hell of a ride, but it’s worth it. Happy Father’s Day man.
- The best part about your first Father’s Day? You get to put your feet up for a WHOLE DAY. Lap it up my friend.
- How amazing is it that we’re a full-on family now? Happy first Father’s Day, this will be one to remember.
- Expect beer, socks, “the greatest dad” mugs and chocolate from today and forever after. Happy Father’s Day!
- There’s a bun in the oven, and it’s yours! So, Happy Father’s Day pal, enjoy it before the craziness commences…
And if their child hasn’t arrived yet, but you want them to feel as special on this day as the day their baby is born, check out our dad-to-be Father’s Day cards.
Father’s Day messages for grandfathers
Don’t leave grandad out! Father’s Day is a great opportunity to tell your grandad how much he means to you, so send him one of our specially-selected grandfather cards and pen down a sentimental Father’s Day message to make him gush with happiness.
Here are some ideas to write in a card for your grandfather, that will make him feel loved and valued:
- The only thing better than having you as a dad is our children having you for a grandad.
- Happy Father’s Day to a Father who’s really grand!
- Grandad, you’ll always have the most special place in my heart.
- Thank you for sharing your wisdom, your advice, and your love.
- Happy Father’s Day to the best grandad there is.
- No matter how tall I grow, I’ll always look up to you, grandad.
- Remember – only the very best dads get promoted to grandad.
- To a perfectly aged, limited edition one-of-a-kind – happy Father’s Day!
Best Father’s Day cards
Looking for the best Father’s Day cards on the internet? Well, goodness, what luck, you happen to be here at the home of truly fabulous cards. Our network of independent card creators take pride in coming up with some hilarious Father’s Day ideas, and translating them into hilarious Father’s Day cards. And don’t forget, if you’re still stuck for Father’s Day gifts, you can send some of our perfect gifting options along with any card, like a bottle of James Eadie whisky or a pack of delicious Firebrand pale ale.
Now all you need is the card – and wouldn’t you know it, here’s a little selection of our faves…
Amazing Father’s Day cards by thortful creators: NerdWerk | Meg’s Creative Outlet | The Buddy Fernandez Card Co. | Brainbox Candy | Emoticology Cards | Veronica Dearly
Father’s Day is the perfect time to tell your dad how you feel, and really make him smile – we hope one of these Father’s Day messages helped you out. For more inspiration on what to say to your dad, check out our full range of Father’s Day cards. And if you’re struggling with other cards, we have plenty of helpful guides to help you find the right words to write. Check out our blog, too, for further inspiration.