Father’s Day is a special occasion for every family to celebrate the man who has been there for us, no matter what. However, when your dad has passed away, it can be hard to face this day without him. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still celebrate him and all he meant to you. One way to do this is by writing a Father’s Day card to him, even though he’s no longer with you. In this blog, we’ll go through some heavenly Father’s Day wishes that you can use as inspiration, to make your dad’s first Father’s Day in heaven one to remember.
How to write a Father’s Day card after he’s passed away
Writing a Father’s Day card for your dad, even though he’s passed away, can be an emotional experience. But it can also be a way to express your love and gratitude for everything he’s done for you. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Start with a greeting – Begin your Father’s Day card with a warm greeting. You can use something simple like “Dear Dad,” or choose a more personal greeting that you used to use with him.
- Share a memory – Write about a special memory you have of your dad. It could be a funny story, a sentimental moment, or just something that you both enjoyed doing together. Sharing a memory is a great way to honour your dad’s life and the impact he had on you.
- Express your love and gratitude – Tell your dad how much you love and miss him. Express your gratitude for everything he did for you, and let him know how much he meant to you. This is your chance to tell him everything you never got the chance to say.
- End with a closing – Finish your Father’s Day card with a closing that feels appropriate for your relationship with your dad. It could be a simple “Love always,” or a more personal closing that you used to use with him.
Heavenly Fathers Day quotes to include
Sometimes it can be hard to find the right words to say, especially when you’re dealing with the loss of your dad. Including a quote in your Father’s Day card can be a great way to express your feelings and pay tribute to your dad. Here are some heavenly Father’s Day quotes that you can include in your card:
- “Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you and miss you. Happy Father’s Day in heaven.”
- “I may not be able to see you, but I know you’re still watching over me. Happy Father’s Day in heaven.”
- “Your love and guidance will always be with me. Happy Father’s Day in heaven.”
- “I may not have you here with me, but I carry your memory in my heart every day. Happy Father’s Day in heaven.”
- “Thank you for being the best dad a child could ever ask for. Happy Father’s Day in heaven.”
Happy heavenly father’s day messages for your grandad
If your grandad has passed away, Father’s Day can still be a day to remember and celebrate him. Here are some happy heavenly Father’s Day messages that you can use in a card to your grandad:
- “Grandad, you may not be here with me, but your love and wisdom still guide me every day. Happy Father’s Day in heaven.”
- “I miss you more than words can say, but I find comfort in knowing that you’re watching over me. Happy Father’s Day in heaven, Grandad.”
- “Thank you for being such an important part of my life and for teaching me so many valuable lessons. Happy Father’s Day in heaven, Grandad.”
- “You may be gone, but your legacy lives on through me and my family. Thank you for everything, Grandad. Happy Father’s Day in heaven.”
- “Thinking of you today and always, Grandad. Happy Father’s Day in heaven. I love you.”
How to support your loved one through their first Father’s Day in heaven
Supporting your loved one’s first Father’s Day with their loved one in heaven can be a difficult and emotional task, especially if they are really struggling around Father’s Day. Writing a card to them acknowledging their loss and offering your support can be a lovely way to give them some solace at this difficult time. Here are some tips to help you write a heartfelt message:
- Acknowledge the loss – It’s important to acknowledge the loss and express your feelings of sadness and grief. Let your loved one know that you understand how difficult this day is for them.
- Celebrate their life – While it’s important to acknowledge the loss, it’s also important to celebrate the life of the person who has passed away. Share a memory or a story that highlights their character and the impact they had on your life.
- Express your love – Tell your loved one how much you love them and how much you care about them. Let them know that you’re there for them and that you’ll always be there to support them.
- Share your hope and faith – If your loved one had a strong faith or belief system, share a message of hope and comfort that reflects that. You can remind them that their loved one is in a better place and that they’re at peace.
- End with a positive message – Finish your message with a positive message of hope and encouragement. Let your loved one know that you’re there for them and that they’re not alone.
Writing a Father’s Day card to your dad who has passed away can be a way to honour his life and the impact he had on you. It can be emotional, but also a way to express your love and gratitude for everything he did for you. Including a quote or a memory can add a special touch to your message. Remember, your dad may be gone, but he will always be a part of your life and your heart, and Father’s Day and other special occasions can be a great way of remembering them with fondness. We’ve got plenty of other what to write ideas for you plus lifestyle inspiration over on the thortful blog.