We all make mistakes, albeit some bigger than others, but if you feel like there’s a certain someone you’d like to apologise to, what better way to do so than with a lovely apology card. Whether you’re looking for ideas on how to say sorry to someone you hurt, apologise for a little misunderstanding, or think you were just a bit out of order, we’ve got a card for every situation.
Of course, figuring out exactly how to say sorry can be tricky. So, to help make things easier for you we’ve compiled all sorts of different apology card messages that you can use as inspiration. From short and simple apology messages to ‘non-apologies’, just keep on reading for all our ideas on what to write in a sorry card.
Short and simple apology messages
You don’t always need to write a long message to get your point across, it’s more about being genuine than anything else, and these short and simple apology messages do just that. They also pair perfectly with our traditional apology cards:
- I just wanted you to know how truly sorry I am.
- There aren’t enough words in the world to express how sorry I am.
- Sorry, there really is no excuse for what I did.
- I promise I didn’t have any bad intentions and can only apologise.
- This is completely and totally my fault, I’m sorry.
- I feel horrible and never meant to upset you, please accept my most sincere apology.
Funny apology messages
Looking for ideas on how to apologise without saying sorry or feel more comfortable trying to add some comedy to the situation? Well, your best bet is probably going the humorous route and we’ve collated some funny apology messages as well as some ‘non-apology’ options that you might take inspiration from:
- So, I’m not saying sorry, but I do feel just a little teeny-weeny bit bad about everything.
- I can’t even believe I’m even sending you this card – will you at least stop only talking to me via passive-aggressive texts now?
- Lol my bad, I guess.
- Okay… so this might have been a little bit of my fault, but mainly yours let’s be honest.
- I truly am the definition of hangry when I’ve not been fed and watered yet, oops.
- We both know that I’m not great at this whole apologising thing and actually can’t get the word out, but I am really embarrassed for overreacting.
Rude sorry messages
If you think they’ve got the right sense of humour, or are just tired and ready for things to get back to normal, these blunt apology messages could work a charm, especially inside one of our rude apology cards:
- For f*cks sake, let’s move on already, please. Do I have to get on my knees or something?!
- My bad, I was a d*ck and I’ve really gotta hold my hands up on this one.
- I’m sorry you “feel” like I did you wrong… just kidding, although will you please forgive me now, I can’t be bothered with this anymore.
- I can’t believe you’re actually upset over this… sorry, I guess.
- Apologies, I was just being a b*tch.
- Okay, I think it’s been more than long enough, and we can both agree that you just need to grow up.
Heartfelt apology messages
The most important part of an apology is that you’re being sincere. For anyone looking to apologise to a dear loved one like a significant other, we’ve come up with some heartfelt apology message ideas that should help you get started:
- You mean the absolute world to me, and I can only hope that you’ll forgive me, I’m really sorry.
- I’m terribly sorry for everything, my intention was to never hurt you at all. Please let me know if there’s anything at all that I can do to make it up to you
- We both know that I’m not great with words, but I know I’ve completely messed up and just want to say that I’m so sorry.
- I’ve been thinking about the best way to apologise to you, but I just want you to know that I can’t stand knowing I’ve hurt you and words can’t describe how sorry I am.
- I behaved really unfairly and thought I’d send you this beautiful card as your forgiveness means so much to me.
- I don’t know what I’d do without you in my life and promise to learn from this. I’m sorry.
Famous apology quotes
Saying sorry should come from the heart, but that’s not to say that you can’t use the words of others to help convey your point. Here are some famous apology quotes that you might find helpful:
- “I’m stupid. You’re smart. I was wrong. You were right. You’re the best. I’m the worst. You’re very good-looking. I’m not attractive.” — Happy Gilmore
- “You must tell me who I might have hurt. I have to write them an apology.” – Vivien Leigh
- “I am the type of person who believes an apology should be sincere and from the heart.” – Camille Grammer
- “Let us forgive each other—only then will we live in peace.” — Leo Tolstoy
- Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future. – Kevin Hancock
Now you have a better idea of how to say sorry, all that’s left is to sort the card itself. Luckily, we’ve got you covered and have a whole selection of apology cards to choose from available in all sorts of different styles. And if you really want to get back in someone’s good books, why not treat them to one of our gifts too?
If you found this helpful or just enjoyed reading our apology message ideas, then be sure to check out the rest of the thortful blog where you can find loads more what to write inspiration, gift guides, and more!