Getting a new job is an exciting moment in anyone’s life. Maybe your son or daughter has bagged their first proper ‘grown up’ job, or your friend is finally moving on up out of their dreaded dead-end office job to their dream career? Well, no matter what the circumstances are, make sure you celebrate it with them by sending a card their way.
You might be wondering what to write in a new job card. Well, we’re going out on a limb and assuming you’d like to cover sentiments, like ‘congrats on your new job’ and the classic ‘good luck in your new job!’. But if you’re looking for something a bit more original or funny, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered!
If your colleague is swanning off to pastures new and you’re looking for a funny message for a leaving card instead, then check out our oh-so-handy guide on what to write in a leaving card. And bear in mind, we have a whole host of new job gifts to send alongside your heartfelt card, ranging from gins to chocolates. So, they’ll be pretty happy when they receive a package from you in the post!
Simple new job wishes
Just want to keep it simple? These new job wishes are short and sweet – perfect for wishing someone ‘all the best for your new job’. If you’re wondering what type of card would go best with these messages, take a look at our send a smile new job cards and add a gift like a tasty cake to their order…
Add these beauties to your card:
- Good luck in your new job! Hope you enjoy it.
- Well done on your new role! I know you’re going to do great.
- Congratulations on your new dream job!
- Well done for landing your amazing new role.
- Wishing you the best and plenty of success in your new job
- All the best for your new job, and well done!
- I’m so happy for you! Well done on getting your amazing new job.
- You did it! Congrats on the new role, you’re going to do great.
Funny new job messages
Rip your mate for their work habits, poke some fun at a newbie to the world of work, or just make them laugh with these funny new job quotes to give them a good giggle. After more inspiration? Check out our funny new job cards that will have them rolling.
- About time you got off your arse and found a job.
- Congratulations on your new job, and good bloody luck to your new colleagues.
- Don’t mess this u- I mean, I’m sure you’re going to smash it, well done!!
- Well done on your new job! Don’t forget, first impressions count – so don’t be too efficient or they’ll expect that sh*t
- Job’s a good’un!
- Congrats on your new job… hope your new boss isn’t an arsehole.
- Welcome to the world of work – this is the rest of your life now. Enjoy!
- Congrats on doing adult things!
Sweet and sincere new job wishes
Maybe it’s been a long time coming, or they’ve found a role in their dream career – whatever the cause for celebration, make sure you say a heartfelt well done and congratulations on your new job with these sweet new job card messages. Looking for a card to match your sentiments? Couple the best wishes with one of our cute new job cards!
- Pretty sure a new job means the next round is on you – looking forward to it. Well done, buddy!
- You did it! Here’s to amazing new things and all the success you deserve.
- Woohoo – you got a new job! So proud and pleased for you.
- I knew you could do it – well done on your new job, you’re going to be amazing.
- She believed she could, and then she bloody well smashed it. Well done!!
- Congratulations on your new job! You did it, and I couldn’t be more proud.
- You’ve done so well, and I’m so proud of you and your amazing new job!
- I can’t wait to see what you’re going to achieve – I know you’re going to blow us all away.
Good luck wishes for a new job
Wish someone a sincere ‘good luck in your new job’ with these sweet messages. Make sure you pick out a good luck new job card to go with the words, and pop a beautiful bunch of flowers from our gift range in your basket, to make them feel super special.
Here are the cutest messages to include in your card:
- Good luck, I know you’re going to be amazing!
- Well done and best of luck with everything.
- You did an amazing thing, and you’re going to keep doing amazing things – good luck and all the best!
- You don’t need luck, because you worked hard for this – but good luck all the same
- Good luck in your new job – keep showing us what you’re made of!
- I’d wish you good luck in your new role, but you don’t need it – you have GOT this!
- Keep going, keep growing, and show ‘em what you’re made of!
- Good luck – I always have and always will be rooting for you!
Congratulations on a new promotion
Someone in your life might’ve just nailed their dream role in their current company, getting a promotion they’ve been hoping (and striving for) since they started. Well, it’s time to show them how proud you truly are. So, pinch one of these thoughtful and funny messages to say “good luck in your new job” after they’ve received a brand spanking new promotion and find a cheeky new job card to match.
Here are our favourites:
- Congratulations on your swanky new promotion!
- Keep climbing that corporate ladder pal, you’re acing it.
- I know how hard to worked to nail this promotion, and now you’ve got it. Well done my friend, you truly deserve it.
- Well done on your new promotion – I always said you bossing me around from a young age would come in handy one day! 😉
- Congratulations, you high flyer! I hope your work is ready for you – bring it girl.
- Wishing you massive success in your amazing new role. This promotion will make you.
- Congrats on your new promotion. As the Space Jam theme tune goes, “Y’all ready for this?”…
- I knew you could do it. Well done on your promotion, no one deserves this more than you!
And as great as these new job wishes are for their exciting promotion, they’ll need a celebratory present to mark the occasion. A brilliant bottle of fizz would make the perfect present, so add this to your card order, and explore our other new job gifts while you’re at it…
Spoil them silly
Now you know exactly what to write in a new job card, you’re all set! Send your friend (or loved one) off to their new job in style with one of our fab new job cards, created by our independent thortful designers. And if you need more inspiration for what to put in a card, check out the rest of our what to write guides for some more ideas if your loved one has just passed their driving test or gained other achievements! Or, visit the thortful blog for other helpful articles on a wide array of topics.