Bringing a new dog home is a big commitment. So, if you’ve got a friend or family member who has recently decided to get a furry companion, be sure to commemorate the occasion with one of our new puppy cards. And if you’re struggling with what to write in a new dog card, we’ve done the hard work and come up with a bunch of different options you can use.
Plus, if they’re new dog owners, you might want to send across our article delving into the science of dogs. On there we have expert insight into how to show your dog just how much you care as well as why our dogs make us so happy and healthy.
Kind messages about getting a new dog
There’s no doubt that you’ll be wanting an excuse to go round and visit the new furry friend and what better reason to do so than giving over your new dog card in person? You could even be super sweet and wish them a happy new puppy day with one of our kind message ideas:
- Congratulations on your new furry friend, having a dog in the home changes your life for the better.
- If there’s one good thing about being an adult, it’s being able to welcome an adorable pooch as part of your family.
- Wishing you and your new fur baby all the best!
- I know how long you’ve both been looking to get a puppy, congrats on officially becoming pet parents!
- I hope you’re ready for me to come over to yours all the time and play with [insert dog’s name], personally I can’t wait for all the snuggle sessions.
- Just wanted to send over a quick card and message to say congrats on your new furry family member.
- It’s so fulfilling having a dog in your life, they really are man’s best friend.
- I guess your family really is complete now, congratulations!
Funny message ideas for people with a new dog
We’ve all seen those funny dog compilations on YouTube, so it’s really quite fitting to include a humorous message inside your card. But if you can’t get your jokes to actually be funny, here are some we’ve come up with:
- Have you told the grumpy ol’ cat about this newcomer yet? If not, good luck with that.
- As long as you’ve got all the essentials including a giant supply of pee pads and a whole load of patience then I’m sure you’ll be just fine – you got this!
- Does this mean kids are off the cards for a while then? I was hoping to become a proper grandparent soon and a dog doesn’t count!
- Guess there’s going to be more than one b*tch in your house now…
- Good luck making sure that they don’t annoy the neighbours.
- I hope you realise just how big of a financial commitment a dog is, all those trips to the vets over nothing serious quickly add up (trust me on this one).
- Look at you all grown up and owning your own pet, I guess anything is paw-sible.
- You’re in for a bit of a ruff time during the puppy house training days, my friend – good luck (you’re gonna need it)!
Hilarious dog jokes
If our funny message ideas aren’t quite tickling you enough, why not take a look at these proper hilarious dog jokes instead?
- What do you call a dog magician? A labracadabrador.
- What did Darth Vader’s dog say to Luke’s dog? Join the bark side.
- What do you call a dog that can’t bark? A hushpuppy.
- What did the waiter tell the dog at the restaurant? Bone appetite!
- What do dogs usually like to eat at the cinema? Pupcorn.
- What do you call young dogs who play in the snow? Slush puppies.
- How can you tell if you have a lazy dog? He only chases parked cars.
- What makes more noise than a dog barking? Two dogs barking!
Welcome new puppy quotes
Of course, the true bond between a person and their dog can be hard to put into words. So, if you’re not sure quite how to put it here are some sweet new puppy quotes that you might want to include in your card:
- “Over the years I have felt the truest, purest love – the love of God, really, I imagine that’s what God’s love feels like – is the love that comes from your dog.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” – Louis Sabin
- “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
- “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” – Robert Wagner
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Rodger A. Caras
- “Before you get a dog, you can’t quite imagine what living with one might be like; afterward, you can’t imagine living any other way.” – Caroline Knapp
Now you know exactly the sort of well-wishes you can send to your loved ones (and their new furry family member)! And if you’re looking for even more dog content, you should definitely check out our research into mums’ favourite dog breeds.
If you’d like to read more articles like this one, then you’re in the perfect place. Just check out the rest of the thortful blog for more lifestyle and special occasions articles.