One year has come and gone! It only feels like yesterday that you and your other half were staring dreamily into each other’s eyes before the altar, and now it’s time to remind them just how much they mean to you – not that you don’t do that every day!
Your first anniversary only happens once, so don’t let the opportunity to craft those perfect first wedding anniversary wishes pass you by. Besides a romantic dinner, jet-set getaway, or a quiet day to yourselves, there’s no better way to show your love than with a personal first anniversary card. After all, paper is the traditional gift material for first anniversary messages – and if you’re looking for some gifting inspiration, check out our blog on the best first anniversary gift ideas to sweep them off their feet.
Whether you’re struggling to get your feelings across, or you want a first anniversary message that stands out from the crowd, we’ve got plenty of suggestions for what to write in a first anniversary card. And while you’re here, why not pick up a card you know your partner will love. Cheeky, modern, romantic options, and more, browse our huge range of original cards and find the right one to accompany your first wedding anniversary wishes.
First anniversary messages for your wife, husband, friends or loved ones – below we have compiled our favourite first anniversary card messages to give you some well-needed inspiration.
Traditional first anniversary wishes for your husband
It’s your first wedding anniversary, so let’s start as we mean to go on – with some poetic first anniversary messages. If you want to tug on his heart strings, nothing says romantic like traditional first wedding anniversary wishes for your husband. These timeless classics are a sure-fire way to show them just how much they mean to you.
- Our first year together has been nothing but a whirlwind of romance. I can’t wait to be swept off my feet again this year!
- Our first anniversary might be a special day, but I want to say thank you for making every day together special in its own way.
- I’m truly blessed to have such a wonderful partner in life, each day just wouldn’t be the same without you by my side.
- You always know the perfect way to lift my mood, even on the roughest of days.
- After a year together, there’s nowhere I’d rather be than lying in your arms. Here’s to spending the rest of our lives together.
Traditional first anniversary messages for your wife
Give your wife some heartfelt first wedding anniversary wishes to accompany breakfast in bed. Whether it’s short or sweet, our suggestions will help make your first anniversary message to your wife one she’ll remember.
- I thought I couldn’t love you any more than I did on our wedding day. Our last year together proved me wrong.
- Our first year together has been incredible, let’s see if we can make the next one even better.
- You’ve grown even more beautiful over the past year, and I can’t help but love you even more.
- The best part about our first year together is that I get to continue spending the rest of my life with my wife and best friend.
- You’re as gentle as you are resilient. There’s nobody I’d rather face life’s challenges with than you.
Funny first anniversary wishes
Just because it’s your first wedding anniversary, it doesn’t mean you need a cheesy first anniversary message to go with it. If your partner doesn’t take themselves too seriously, then these might be the perfect funny first anniversary messages for them.
- This year-long trial run has been amazing! Where do I sign to subscribe?
- I wasn’t sure about the whole marriage thing, but it turns out we’re pretty damn good at it! High Five!
- Congratulations! We survived a whole year of marriage! Now the gloves come off…
- I wanted to skywrite my anniversary message to you, but apparently paper is more traditional.
- You might regret putting up with me for a whole year. From now on, I’m not holding in my farts.
- Did you know we’ve been married so long that the Earth’s completed a full rotation of the sun? That’s a whole year!
Cute first anniversary card message ideas
If you’re feeling cute, then these first anniversary messages are sure to set your other half’s heart aflutter. Make them remember why they married you one year ago with these cute first wedding anniversary wishes – the perfect blend of sweet and sentimental.
- One year down, forever to go, I can’t wait to spend it with you!
- It’s been 365 days, 52 weeks, 12 months, and 1 year since we said I do, and I love you just as much if not more.
- Our first anniversary celebrations might only last today, but my love for you is eternal.
- The longer we spend together, the more I love your flaws as much as the rest of you.
- I love you more and more every day, and today is no exception.
- I’m so glad I said I do, there’s no one else who completes me like you.
Heartwarming 1 year anniversary quotes
Sometimes, your first wedding anniversary wishes can be summed up in a single quote, showing love, affection, and joy in equal measure. Gift your partner a first anniversary message quote they can turn to every day to remind them how much they mean to you!
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company, than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner
- “Some people care too much. I think it’s called Love.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “You know you’re in love when you don’t want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr Seuss
- “In case you ever foolishly forget; I am never not thinking of you.” – Virginia Woolf
- “For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known, and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” – Plato
1 year anniversary messages for brother or sister
Could it be that your brother or sister is celebrating their first marriage anniversary with their other half? Don’t forget to send your own wishes as their loving sibling and, for inspiration, here are our 1 year anniversary messages for brothers or sisters:
- Dearest brother/sister, it makes me so happy to know that you found your special person and are both so happy together!
- Congratulations on your first anniversary together! I’m sure it won’t be too long until she/he comes to their senses and realises what I’ve put up with all this time.
- I might not say it often but you’re such an inspiration to me as my older/younger sibling and I hope one day I’ll be blessed with a marriage like yours.
- Wishing the cutest couple that I know a happy first anniversary! Just know that you’re my favourite husband and wife after mum and dad, of course.
First wedding anniversary messages for daughter
Only a year ago your darling daughter was a bride walking down the aisle. To make their day extra special, send your well wishes to her and her partner and remind them how happy you are for them. To get started, we’ve got some first wedding anniversary messages for your daughter:
- Happy first anniversary! You’re a wonderful couple and I’m so blessed to have been able to see your relationship grow from the start right until now when you’re a year into marriage.
- Cheers to the two of you on your first wedding anniversary! Seeing you both in the early days of your journey as husband and wife reminds me of myself and your dad way back when.
- Marriage is a lifelong commitment and it’s hard not to notice the love that you have for one another, and I know there’ll be many more anniversary celebrations to come.
- Sending all my heartfelt wishes to the two of you on your first anniversary – you’re practically pros at marriage now!
- If I could’ve picked anyone for my precious daughter to marry, it would be who you’re with now. Hope you both have a wonderful wedding anniversary and appreciate how special what you both have is!
First year wedding anniversary wishes for son
Being a parent, it’s highly likely that you’ll want to send a loving message his way to congratulate him on his first wedding anniversary with his wife or partner! We know that sometimes it’s hard to come up with the words yourself so here are some of our first year wedding anniversary wishes for your son:
- I’m so so proud of the gentleman you’ve become and the lovely lady you’ve found to spend the rest of your life with. Happy 1st wedding anniversary!
- As a parent, all I could’ve wished for is for my son to find the love of his life. You both are really the perfect couple and we wish you all the happiness in the world.
- Wishing my son and daughter-in-law a very happy 1st anniversary and here’s to many more!
- Today is extra special as I get to know that I’ve successfully done my job as a parent and now you’re someone else’s problem. Happy first anniversary to you!
- From the start, I knew you would be perfect together and I can’t believe it’s only been a year since you both said “I do”.
Special 1st anniversary wishes for other couples
Are your best friends celebrating their first anniversary? If so, let them know how happy you are for them both with some first wedding anniversary wishes from the heart. You could offer encouragement, share a memory, or make a toast – whatever you choose to include in your first anniversary message to the happy couple, make sure it’s sincere and thoughtful. Here’s some special 1st anniversary wishes for other couples to help you out:
- Sending you the very best wishes possible. May you continue to love, cherish, and honour one another for many more years to come. Happy First Anniversary!
- Wishing you a very happy anniversary as you celebrate your first year of love. May you have many more years together, filled with love, happiness, and prosperity.
- No one and nothing in this world is perfect… but the two of you are as close as it gets! Happy Anniversary.
- Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple. Here’s hoping for many more years of happiness.
- Can’t believe it’s been one year already. Sending you loving wishes that you’ll grow deeper and deeper in love with every passing anniversary.
- Happy anniversary today and happy marriage always! Wishing you many more years of happiness and unconditional love.
1st anniversary wishes for when you’re dating
Okay so we’ve gone over all sorts of first wedding anniversary wishes, but what about if you want to make your first year together as boyfriend-girlfriend special? Alongside a sweet card, we’ve got some 1st anniversary wishes for when you’re dating:
- You make me the happiest and I’m so excited for our future together! Happy 1st anniversary together.
- It’s been one whole year since we first got together and the time has flown by. Here’s to many more years of love to come!
- I’m so thankful to have you in my life and honestly don’t know what I’d do without you now.
- As if it was only a year ago that we made things official! Since then my love has only grown and I can only imagine spending the rest of our lives together.
- Who would’ve thought back when we had our first date that we would make it this far? Not me, that’s for sure! Just kidding, I truly do love you so much and I can’t wait to celebrate even more anniversaries together.
First wedding anniversary card wishes
With these first anniversary message examples at your disposal, you shouldn’t have any trouble knowing what to write in a first anniversary card.
Whether it’s to another couple, your parents or your significant other, our list of the best first wedding anniversary wishes should go a long way to helping you offer your congratulations in style. From cute first anniversary messages to the funny and more traditional, there are meaningful first wedding anniversary wishes for all.
We also don’t just do cards. If you’re in need of an original anniversary gift, we have an entire selection for you to browse. From pampering kits and drinks to flowers and chocolates, you’re sure to find something your other half will love.