Whether you recently lost a loved one or they passed away a few years ago, whenever their birthday rolls around it can be a particularly difficult day. Writing them a card with happy heavenly birthday wishes can be a great way to help make you feel closer them or serve as a way to celebrate their life.
However, we understand that it can be difficult to find the right words and express how you feel, especially in these sorts of sensitive situations, which is why we’ve come up with some suggestions to help inspire you.
Simple heavenly birthday wishes
Not everyone wants to write out a long message but still finds the action of writing a birthday card helpful, and that’s okay. For those would prefer to keep their message on the shorter side of things, here are some of our suggestions:
- I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, you’re so so missed.
- Thinking of you, especially today on your birthday, wish I could be celebrating with you.
- I can’t even put into words how much I’m missing you. Wishing you a happy birthday in heaven.
- While you may not be here to celebrate your birthday with us, you’re still in all of our thoughts.
- I feel so blessed that you were a part of my life. Hope you’re having the best time in heaven.
- Nothing can ever fill the gap you left but knowing you’re at peace eases it a bit. Sending my warmest birthday wishes to the sky.
Wishing a happy heavenly birthday to your mum
Mums are the people who brought us into this world which is just one of the many reasons why losing them is so hard. Of course, when their birthday comes round you can use this day to celebrate their life.
So, if you’re wanting to wish your mum a truly glorious birthday, here are some heavenly birthday wishes we’ve come up with to inspire you:
- Honestly, life is so strange without you mum. I miss you each and every day. Hope you’re having the best time celebrating in heaven with Grandma and Grandad.
- Even though you can’t be here with us, we’ll be having a glass of wine in your honour. Happy heavenly birthday mum!
- I miss your voice and the way you used to laugh when one of us did something stupid. Hope you’re having a good time up in heaven on your birthday.
- Heaven really has gained an angel with you mum. I’ll never forget just how much love you spread, happy birthday.
- Your presence really did light up a room mum and I’m sure it’s the same in heaven. We all miss you so much, love you forever and always.
- Not having you around is never going to get easier, but I’ll always treasure the time that we did get together. Hope you can see everyone celebrating your special day from up in heaven.
Wishing a happy heavenly birthday to dad
For anyone who has lost their dad, we know it can be difficult to wish them a happy birthday when you can’t celebrate with them in heaven. In case you need a little bit of inspiration, here are our caring birthday wishes you can send to your dad on his special day:
- You really were the backbone of this family and supported me through thick and thin. I really miss you, happy heavenly birthday dad!
- Dad, hope you’re having as much of a party up in heaven as you did when you were here with us. Happy Birthday.
- It’s your birthday today dad, I wish you could see how much we’ve all grown up. Happy [insert age] birthday, we miss you loads!
- Today, on your birthday, we really treasure all the moments we spent together, and memories made. I love and miss you so much dad.
- With it being your special day today, I just wanted to say how much we miss you and thank you for shaping me into the person I am today. Heaven is lucky to have you.
- Happy Birthday dad, I’ll never forget everything you did for me and how much you went out of your way for us all. I know you wouldn’t want us to be sad so instead we’ll make sure to have a few laughs in your memory.
Touching heavenly birthday quotes
Sometimes, it can feel impossible to find a way to put your true feelings and emotions into words. Not to worry, you can still wish them a happy birthday in heaven with quotes and the wise words of others.
Below are some of our favourite touching heavenly birthday quotes:
- “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.” – Eskimo Proverb
- “What is there to do when people die, people so dear and rare, but bring them back by remembering.” – May Sarton
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We never lose our loved ones. They accompany us; they don’t disappear from our lives. We are merely in different rooms.” – Paulo Coelho
- “In life, we loved you dearly, in death we love you still. In our hearts you hold a place, no one else will ever fill.” – Unknown
- “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.” – Winnie the Pooh
Hopefully, you now know exactly you’re going to wish your loved one a happy birthday up in heaven. And if you know someone else who is grieving the loss of a loved one, why not take a look at our other guide on what to write in a sympathy card.