Not to be overlooked, fathers-in-law often take on the role of being a secondary father figure in our life (and can also definitely help when we can’t figure out why our partner is acting a certain way). We know it might not be as easy to decide what to write in a card to your father-in-law as it is for your own parents which is why we’re here to help. Let’s get into it then, shall we? Just carry on reading to discover all of our ideas for father-in-law card messages suitable for every special occasion.
Father’s Day messages for father-in-law
If Father’s Day has crept up on you and you’re yet to write one out for your partner’s dad, don’t fret! These are our suggestions for some Father’s Day messages for your father-in-law:
- You might not be my dad by blood, but you welcomed me into your family from day one as if I was your own. Happy Father’s Day!
- Of all the fathers-in-law that I could have ended up with, I’m certainly lucky that I got you.
- Today is all about you (as well as my actual biological dad, of course) and I hope all your real children treat you like a king because you deserve it.
- The one day of the year when you could practically get away with murder and nobody could say a thing, wishing a happy Father’s Day to my second dad.
- The other father that I never knew I needed, hope you have the best Father’s Day ever.
- Since it is Father’s Day I just wanted to let you know that you’re the best second father figure I could have asked for.
What could make this even better, we hear you asking through the screen. Well, we’ve actually got a whole collection of super special Father’s Day cards for your father-in-law that have been specifically designed with your partner’s dad in mind.
Birthday wishes for your father-in-law
As one of the main father figures in your life, it’s only right to pick up your father-in-law one of our dad birthday cards and write out a little personal message inside. To get an idea of what you might want to say, here are some birthday wishes for your father-in-law:
- Don’t say anything but you’re my favourite father-in-law and I hope you like the card and present I picked out for you.
- Wishing my second ‘dad’ the happiest of birthdays. Hope you have the best day celebrating!
- Happy birthday, father-in-law! Enjoy your special day and try forget how old you really are.
- Are you impressed that I remembered your birthday? Well, I couldn’t let my adopted father’s special day pass without sending my own birthday wishes.
- As fathers-in-law go, I’d venture to say that you’re one of the best there is. Happy birthday, sending you warm wishes!
- Happy birthday dad 2.0! Thank you for just being you and can’t wait to celebrate it with you later on.
Inspiring father-in-law quotes
If you don’t think you’re the best with words, then there’s always the option of using someone else’s instead. While some of our picks for father-in-law quotes may apply to your own dear dad too, we think they’re equally appropriate for the father-in-law in your life:
- “Humour is always based on a modicum of truth. Have you ever heard a joke about a father-in-law?” – Dick Clark
- “The strongest, toughest men all have compassion. They’re not heartless and cold. You have to be man enough to have compassion – to care about people and about your children.” – Denzel Washington
- “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” – Reed Markham
- “Everyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a dad.” – Wade Boggs
- “Fatherhood is a marathon, not a sprint.” – Paul L. Lewis
Wedding anniversary wishes for father-in-law
If your father-in-law is still very much in love and happily married, then you’ve simply got to celebrate that devotion when his wedding anniversary approaches. Here is some wedding anniversary wishes for father-in-law inspiration from us that should help you nail down what to say:
- Your marriage is truly an inspiration to both of us.
- When I think of a great example of a marriage, the two of you are the first couple that I think of. Thank you for showing us what a strong marriage is.
- I’m so grateful for having you as my parents-in-law as you’ve taught us so much about being happily married and communicating well.
- Happy anniversary to my second lot of parents with many more years to come!
- Look at you, a whole [insert years] years spent together, wishing you both a very happy anniversary and hope you have an extra romantic day!
- To my father-in-law, you’ve set such an example of how I want to be as a husband. Wishing you both a happy anniversary.
Festive father-in-law card messages
Of course, your father-in-law should be one of the people at the top of your list when it comes to sending cards at Christmas. Here are some other festive father-in-law card messages that you can pinch to spread that festive cheer:
- Merry Christmas bonus dad, glad we get to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year together as a big family.
- As the 25th approaches, I just wanted to send the warmest wishes to a loving father-in-law.
- Being able to spend cherished time together at Christmas is the best present I could’ve asked for.
- Season’s greetings father-in-law! Hope Santa brings you everything you asked for.
- To my father-in-law, thanks for always making Christmas a special occasion where we can be merry and bright.
- I’m so thankful for having you as my second family and for raising my wonderful partner to be who they are today. Merry Christmas!
With our help, you should now have a better idea of what to write in a card for your father-in-law regardless of what event may be coming up next. And if you found this even a tiny bit helpful then you’ll be pleased to hear we’ve also written a whole blog on what to write in a card to your mother-in-law.