The moment you rip up those L plates is a big deal. You’ve got newfound independence, you can go wherever your four wheels can carry you, and you’ve passed a major test (and let’s face it, no-one likes those). Whether it’s a friend or family member who’s passed their driving test, make sure you celebrate their achievement with a congratulations card – and use one of our driving test messages to get your sentiments across, whether they’re sweet, funny, or rude. Browse our range of ‘congratulations on passing your driving test’ cards, throw some genuinely terrible driving puns in there, and you’re definitely on to a winner.
Messages to say congratulations on passing your driving test
Send a heartfelt congratulations to someone who’s passed their driving test with these sweet and sincere congratulations messages.
- Your hard work and perseverance paid off – huge congratulations on passing your driving test!
- You did it! Massive well done on this massive achievement.
- Well done! I hope you’re really proud of yourself, you did a brilliant job.
- I’m so proud of you! You’re going to be a brilliant driver. Well done and congratulations.
- I know this test was really important to you – congratulations for passing the driving test.
- Now you’re really going places! Well done and congratulations on passing your driving test.
- We knew you could do it! Well done for sticking at it and smashing the test.
- Can’t wait to see you driving about! Enjoy your hard-won, new-found independence. You worked so hard for this, so seriously well done!
Funny driving test messages
They’re out on the road, but not before you poke a bit of fun with one of these funny driving test jokes and messages – perfectly paired with a funny driving test card!
- Finally you passed! Let’s cheers to you being the designated driver for once…
- Congrats, and try not to kill me when I next get a lift!
- Well done, now good luck tackling the bollards in a multi-storey carpark.
- It’s your time to shine, but remember…this isn’t a game of The Simpsons: Hit & Run.
- The McDonalds’ drive-thru called to say “congratulations”; they can’t wait for your constant custom!
- I can already hear you singing Pass Out by Tinie Tempah: “Now I drive past the bus I used to run for”.
- At last you passed, now remember, there’s no such thing as a “pink traffic light”.
- You smashed it! Welcome to a world of swearing at people you’ll never meet…
Witty driving test messages
A little bit snarky, a little bit supportive, all coming from a place of love – our witty driving test congratulations are a great pick for a close friend or family member who’s just ripped up their L plates.
- It’s about damn time!
- Can’t wait to bother you for a lift constantly.
- They say the best drivers don’t pass the first time – so you must be
- Clear the streets, he passed!
- Congratulations, you smashed the test! Now just remember not to smash the car.
- I want to say ‘congratulations on passing your driving test’ but in all honesty I’m just scared for everyone else on the roads.
- Don’t worry, you’re going to be a great driver. It’s just every other f*cker on the road you’ve got to watch out for now.
- You passed your driving test, massive congrats! …but really? They’re going to let you drive a car, on the road, with other people? On your own? Alright then.
Rude driving test messages
Whether your friend has finally passed after years of constant joking about it, or you’re congratulating a wannabe speed demon, we’ve got some hilarious rude driving test jokes that are sure to make them laugh. Couple it with a rude congratulations card and you’re all set.
- Congratulations bus wanker lovely car friend
- You passed! Now you can spend all of your money on petrol and car insurance to drive a sh*tty little car and ferry around all of your mates while they get pissed. Well done.
- Congrats, you’ve passed your driving test,
You’ve had lessons round the clock.
So I guess you’re going to get some wheels,
And drive round like a really responsible person.
- You passed! But I’ll give it a year before I get in a car with you.
- Well done. Don’t run anyone over.
- Bloody L plates. You’ve only gone and done it.
- Oh, brilliant, another idiot on the roa- I mean, well done, mate, knew you could do it!
- God help us all.
After more car-based humour? Check out our guide on car stereotypes – yet more great ammunition for gently ribbing your friend when they buy their first car. Check out our what to write guides for other occasions, or head to the thortful blog for more sweet ideas and DIYs.