Wedding bells are ringing, and you’ve got your suit or a brand new dress – but before you head off to the chapel, don’t forget the card! The happy couple will love looking through their wedding cards after the big day – and chances are they’ll keep their cards for a long time to come.
So, better to put a bit of effort into deciding what to write in a wedding card, right?
Don’t panic – we’re here to help, with plenty of suggestions for non-cheesy wedding card messages. And if you’re looking for wedding cards, then we’ve definitely got you covered!
Shop our huge range of sweet, funny, and romantic wedding cards to find the perfect style, then use one of these sweet wedding card messages to wish the lovebirds all the best.
Nice wedding messages
Keep it sweet and sincere with these sweet wedding day messages. These wedding card wishes are sure to bring a smile to the happy couples’ faces and make their big day feel even more special!
- Wishing both of you every possible happiness, now and forever.
- This is the start of your happily ever after.
- You guys are so perfect – I’m so glad to be here on your special day.
- Sending all the love, joy, and happiness to a special couple on this wonderful day.
- A toast to my favourite couple in the whole world. I love you guys!
- I’ve seen your love for each other, day in and day out, and I’m so honoured to be here to watch you make it official. Have a magical day.
- Happy ‘I do’ day – so happy to be here to celebrate your love.
- Big love on your big day. I can’t wait to watch you two say ‘I do’.
Funny wedding card messages
Looking for some non-cheesy wedding card messages? We’ve got you covered with these funny sentiments, perfect for friends who love a good joke, and don’t take themselves too seriously…
- You two weirdos are perfect for each other.
- Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is the husband.
- May the happiest moment of your wedding be when you realise that you no longer need to plan a wedding.
- You’re getting married, and I’m getting wasted. Congrats!
- Apologies in advance for whatever dumb sh*t I do at your wedding.
- Happy wedding day! Eat, drink, and dance badly.
- Marriage is an endless sleepover with your favourite weirdo.
- You do realise that you’ve entered into a contractual agreement to only shag each other for the rest of your lives, yeah?
What to write in a wedding card for a wedding that’s been postponed
Unfortunately, over the last year, lots of weddings had to be postponed, causing no shortage of stress for prospective brides and grooms! When the big day comes around at last, let the happy couple know that it was worth the wait with these wedding day messages – and make them smile with one of our brilliant postponed wedding cards.
- Finally! We can’t wait to watch you walk down the aisle at long last.
- Patience is a virtue, and love conquers all… your wedding is finally here, so let’s have a ball!
- Some things are worth waiting for! Happy wedding day, and congratulations to you both.
- It’s about damn time. SO glad your big day is here at last – can’t wait to watch you guys tie the know!
- Good weddings come to those who wait. Happy ‘happy ever after’, guys!
Wedding card messages for son and daughter-in-law/daughter and son-in-law
Watching your precious son or daughter get married? Make sure you’ve got a hanky handy, and don’t forget to welcome their new spouse to the family with open arms using these sweet messages for wedding cards.
- We are so pleased and proud to welcome you into our family.
- Best wishes to our wonderful new son-in-law/daughter-in-law. Wishing you both happiness on this special day.
- You have been part of our family for a long time now – but we’re so glad to make it official! Wishing you the most wonderful wedding day.
- Sending all the happiness, love, and joy to such a special couple on your wedding day.
- To our beloved son/daughter – we are so happy that you’ve found such a wonderful love, and we hope you’ll be very happy together for the rest of your lives.
- Seeing the two of you so happy has been our greatest joy.
- Thank you for caring so deeply for our son/daughter. We couldn’t have imagined a more perfect partner for him/her.
- We love you both very much, and we’re so excited to watch you finally tie the knot. [Name], welcome to the family.
What to write in a wedding card when you can’t attend
As much as we all want to attend the weddings of those closest to us, sometimes, life gets in the way. But this doesn’t mean you can’t still send the happy couple some nice wedding messages to let them know you’re thinking of them on their special day!
- Congratulations on the big day! I’m gutted I can’t make it,but I know you guys will have an incredibletime!
- So sorry I can’t make your wedding day but I’m so happy you guys decided to tie the knot.
- I know I’m not able to join you for this huge occasion, so know that I’ll be thinking about you both for the whole day and sending you all my love.
- I know I can’t be there to celebrate with the two of you, but I couldn’t miss the chance to send you my best wishes.
- Sending you all my thoughts and warmest wishes on the best day of your life. You’ll have to tell me all about it next time I see you!
Wedding wishes quotes
Finally, if you’re looking to add a little flair to your wedding day messages, why not share a thoughtful quote with the bride and groom that’s sure to bring some heartfelt smiles.
- “The highest happiness on Earth is the happiness of marriage.” – William Lyon Phelps
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- “If we look at the world with a love of life, the world will reveal its beauty to us.” – Daisaku Ikeda
- “Only married people understand that you can be miserable and happy at the same time.” –Chris Rock
Now you know what to write in a wedding card, you just need a perfect wedding card to match! Why not take a look at some of our best cards below?
And if you’re a bride and groom getting ready for the big day, take a look at our article on what to write on wedding invitations so you can get one of the more stressful jobs out the way early.
Don’t forget that you can visit the thortful blog for even more wedding-related tips!