As Valentine’s Day rolls around, you might be wondering how to effectively put your romantic thoughts into words. Whether you’re celebrating with your soulmate, lover, or BFF, it’s often difficult knowing what to write in a Valentine’s Day card. Fortunately, we’re here to help you capture your sentiments with a collection of our favourite Valentine’s card messages.
So, we’ve brought you our top ten funny, sweet, simple, and cheeky Valentine’s messages, you’re sure to uncover something suitable – no matter you and your partner’s taste, style, or relationship. We also offer a range of fun and sentimental Valentine’s Day gifts for you to send alongside their card, to make them gush with excitement.
Funny Valentine’s Day messages
Aching over potential Valentine’s card messages because you’re desperate to maintain an element of humour? Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Uncover our top ten funny Valentine card messages, which you can combine perfectly with a comical card to keep your partner chuckling away all day:
- The internet reminded me it was Valentine’s Day, so I got you this card.
- Happy Valentine’s Day, you’re lucky to have me.
- I’d share my food with you, happy Valentine’s Day.
- I’ll make an extra effort not to annoy you today.
- You’re lucky I love you.
- I think I might keep you on a more permanent basis.
- I tried my hardest this year, but I just can’t seem to shake you.
- You’re still my favourite person.
- Why did they have to put Valentine’s Day so close to Christmas? I don’t think my wallet can cope.
- It’s impossible to put a price on love – so I got you the cheapest card I could find to stay on the safe side.
A good few beers from our gift collection will make this celebratory day even more special, and go well with your funny Valentine’s Day theme. So, make sure you add a case of beers from our range in with your laugh-out-loud card this year.
Cheeky Valentine’s Day messages
Inject a little light rudeness into proceedings with one of our cheeky Valentine’s messages, guaranteed to either leave your partner smirking or blushing – particularly when sent alongside one of our tongue-in-cheek cards! With playful, naughty, and rude valentine’s messages to pick from, seek inspiration in our top ten below.
- I’ve always dreamed of spending Valentine’s Day with the love of my life – but you’ll have to do for now.
- Some might call being with you winning the jackpot, but I’d probably rather have the money.
- You’re on my to do list this Valentine’s Day.
- I used to think I was punching with you, but it’s nice to see I’ve finally dragged you down to my level.
- More sex this year, okay?
- Let’s send the kids to bed early tonight.
- I can’t tell you how proud 15-year-old me would be right now – happy Valentine’s Day to my gorgeous girlfriend.
- You’re lucky I’ve not found anyone better!
- I don’t know who I’d annoy if I hadn’t found you.
- You’re my favourite person to text when I’m bored.
Simple Valentine’s Day messages
Sometimes, sincerity comes from simplicity. Whether it’s a Valentine’s message for husband, wife, or best friend, enjoy these simple messages to give the recipient a real flutter in their tummy. After all, that’s what the 14th of February is all about! And with a simple message, you’ll want a brilliant card to match. So for more inspiration, peruse our trusty and traditional Valentine’s Day cards, which will pair perfectly with your thoughtful message.
Meanwhile, here are our favourite simple Valentine’s Day messages:
- Happy Valentine’s Day to the love of my life.
- To my wonderful wife, I love you more every day.
- My one and only, happy Valentine’s Day.
- I’m so lucky to have you, happy Valentine’s Day.
- Our first Valentine’s Day together – I love you.
- To my Valentine, I hope your day is as amazing as you are.
- We might be married, but you still surprise me every day.
- Seven billion people and I was lucky enough to find you.
- You brighten my day, every day.
- You’re all I’ve ever dreamed of.
Sweet Valentine’s Day messages
If you can’t overindulge in soppy sweetness on Valentine’s Day, when can you? Celebrate all things romance and discover our favourite cute things to write in a Valentine’s card. Believe us, combining one of these with our cute illustration cards will turn the love of your life’s legs to jelly!
- Not a day goes by where I don’t appreciate how lucky I am to have met you. Happy Valentine’s Day to my gorgeous boyfriend.
- To my husband-to-be, I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you – happy Valentine’s Day.
- I’m glad I get to wake up to your face every morning. Happy Valentine’s Day.
- You always know the right thing to say, I love you more and more each day.
- You’re my rock, my best friend, and my soulmate. I love you.
- Just thinking of you gives me butterflies. Happy Valentine’s Day to my handsome husband.
- We make the perfect team and every day’s an adventure with you.
- I’ve never felt more comfortable than in your arms. Happy Valentine’s Day to my gorgeous husband.
- My love for you couldn’t possibly be put into words. You complete me.
- Another Valentine’s Day together and I’m somehow more in love with you than last year.
And what would pair wonderfully with your sweet Valentine’s Day messages? A bunch of flowers from our gift range of course. They may be a traditional choice, but they are such a winning one; they’ll be smiling from ear to ear when they arrive on the doorstep, trust us.
Romantic Valentine’s Day quotes
Perhaps you still don’t know what Valentine’s card messages to write on the 14th. Well, a loving quote will go a long way; it not only shows your love and appreciation for your other half but your dedication to finding cute things to write in a Valentine’s Day card. And if you want some doodlings featured on the front of your card, too, then check out our fantastic range of quote cards this Valentine’s Day.
To make them blush, using words from the greats, pen down these mushy (yet magical) quotes:
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr Seuss
- “Being married is like having somebody permanently in your corner. It feels limitless, not limited.” – Gloria Steinem
- “There’s no bad consequence to loving fully, with all your heart. You always gain by giving love.” – Reese Witherspoon
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so that I never have to live without you” – A.A.Milne
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
- “All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” – Ed Sheeran
- “I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you’re in the world.” – Elton John (Your Song)
- “I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coelho
- “And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, ’cause you’re amazing, just the way you are.”- Bruno Mars (Just The Way You Are)
- “My heart is, and always will be, yours.” – Jane Austen.
Alongside one of these iconic messages, you’ll want to send your beloved a present to remember. So, explore our range of Valentine’s gifts, from a blissful bottle of fizz to a stern bottle of whiskey. If they don’t drink, there are cute, romantic candles to send their way instead, and so much more.
What to write in a Galentine’s Day card
Nowadays, Valentine’s Day isn’t just a day for the partners in our life but the friends who were there before – the ones who showed us what love was (and is), day in, day out. If you want to show your bestie just how much you appreciate her for being there through thick and thin, then this is your chance!
Here are some Valentine’s Day card messages that were made for Galentine’s Day – and the marvellous soul sisters in your life. And for more inspiration, check out our heartfelt female friend Valentine’s Day cards:
- Ovaries before bro-varies… Happy Galentine’s Day, thanks for being the first love of my life.
- Amazing friends like you deserve to be appreciated on this day and every day. Happy Galentine’s Day sisterrr.
- Happy Galentine’s Day! Who else would I have a cuppa and a natter with when the sh*t hits the fan?
- I love you lots, and I wouldn’t even have a partner if you weren’t there to emotionally support me through the dating process…
- Here’s a day to celebrate YOU. You are my shining star, I’m so lucky to have you. Happy Galentine’s Day!
- You’ve been there through every break-up and make-up, and I thank you for that (it can’t have been easy). Love you!
- How do people get through their day to day without besties like you? I never want to find out…
With a card, you’ll also need a prime present to match – to show your bestie how treasured she really is. Our chocolate gifts are a great shout, so add one to your card order and make her smile like a Chesire cat!
Hopefully we’ve offered suitable inspiration, whether you’re struggling with what to write in a Valentine’s card for boyfriend, girlfriend, or Galentine. Whichever way you sway on the matter of Valentine’s card messages, you’ll need an accompanying card to carry your sentiments. Alternatively, scroll through our blog for inspiration on anything and everything, including the most popular love songs and 39 small joys in life to be grateful for!