Celebrating someone moving house, getting their first home or just finally moving out of a rundown apartment? When you don’t know what to say – or you just don’t want to say something as boring as ‘good luck in your new home’ – we’ve got your back. Steal some wise words from our guide to what to write in a new home card. Browse our funny new home messages and some classic new home quotes and pilfer to your heart’s content. Things to write in a new home card has never been easier!
Looking for some perfect new home gifts to go with your brilliant thortful new home card? Check out our wide selection here and select your favourite. And for more help, check out our best new home gift ideas blog to really nail those new home wishes!
Funny new home messages
Fill their new home with laughter with these funny new home messages – and make sure to pick up a funny new home card to sit in pride of place on their brand new mantelpiece.
- Good luck convincing your neighbours that you’re normal.
- May your new home look just like your Pinterest home.
- Well done on the new house! Can’t wait to overstay my welcome.
- Congratulations on your fancy new house! Can’t wait to come over and eat all the good stuff out of your fridge.
- Good luck in your new home, and good luck to your new neighbours.
- The first sensible purchase you’ve made in your life.
- Congrats on your new expensive pile of bricks and responsibilities.
- I can’t wait to come get drunk in your new house!
Rude new home messages
If your friend or loved one can take a joke and loves a laugh, go for one of these risqué rude new home messages – and for more inspiration, check out our hilariously rude new home cards, too.
- Hope your new neighbours aren’t d*cks.
- Just thought you might like to know that ‘mortgage’ literally translates to ‘death pledge’ in old French. Good luck.
- Before you even ask, no I’m not going to come help unpack.
- I hope your gin collection will be very happy in its new home.
- Here’s to 30 years of debt. Oh, sorry, I mean good luck in your new home!
- You paid how much? You might be taking this whole ‘pretending to adult’ thing a bit far here mate.
- Your biggest mistake was giving us your new address.
- Well just look at you, being all grown up and sh*t.
Sweet and simple new home messages
Sometimes simple is best, and sweet is the way to be. We’ve listed a good load of simple new home messages to write in a new home card to the happy homeowner:
- Well done on the new house! I can’t wait to come visit.
- Home sweet home to the loveliest people – I know you’ll be so happy there.
- Shiny new home, happy days ahead! Massive congrats!
- A lovely new address for a truly lovely family. I can’t wait to see what you do with the house!
- I know your new house will very soon be a new home. Congratulations and enjoy this special time.
- Wishing you good neighbours, strong foundations and years of happy memories in your new home.
- New address, new house, new adventures. I hope you enjoy all of them!
- Make new memories, have good times, and enjoy every moment. Good luck in your new home!
And so you have the right card to match, check out our traditional new home cards to send their way.
First home messages
Has someone just taken that big first step onto the property ladder? Well then, it’s worth celebrating this massive win for them with a new home card and even a bottle of bubbly from our gift range.
Here are some of our favourite new home wishes for first home owners, that you can incorporate into your card:
- Congratulations on your first home! This is a big step, but you’re so ready for it
- Finally flying the nest – I hope your new roost is a wonderful home.
- Congratulations on your very first home! I’m so proud of you.
- What a big moment for you – wishing you the best of luck in your new home.
- Well done! I hope you’ll be very happy in your new home for years to come.
- Good luck in your new home, and thank goodness you finally have enough space for all of your stuff!
- Congratulations on your first house, you’re a proper grown-up now!
- Happy first home, and well done. I hope you’ll be so very happy here.
Of course, a lot of these new home messages are loving and comical all at once. For more insights into what to write in a new home card, scroll through our selection of cheeky cards to really put a smile on their face(s).
Messages for new neighbours
Sending heartfelt new home messages to the couple who have moved next door is a great way to welcome them into the neighbourhood. You could even invite them over for a cuppa in your card, and make a joke about someone over the fence that they should be a little wary of…
If you’re racking your brains for things to write in a new home card for the newcomers next door, we’ve thought of a few for you:
- Welcome to the street and congrats on your new home. From Cathy and Ben at number 30!
- Welcome to the neighbourhood, you’re really going to love it here. Take a look at all the resident’s beaming smiles for reference!
- Congrats on your beautiful new home, and moving to this neck of the woods – we’ll show you the ropes.
- We’re a little biased, but this street is one of the best! Happy new home to you, we’re excited to show you around.
- We hear you’re new to the street. Welcome, welcome! We must discuss the other neighbours over a glass of wine…
- Congratulations on your new home, neighbour. I can’t wait for you to love it here as much as I do!
We’d recommend buying them a loving card from our extensive range, to show that when you say “welcome”, you really mean it. Just browse through and find the perfect one to suit.
New home quotes
Not sure what to write in a new home card? Hey, we get it – and that’s why sometimes it’s best to let one of the greats say it for you. Pinch one of these timeless new home quotes and subtly show off that you’re very cultured…
- “Home is any four walls that enclose the right person.” – Helen Rowland
- “Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” – Robert Frost
- “Home is the nicest word there is.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labour tends, and of which every desire prompts the prosecution.” – Samuel Johnson
- “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” – William Morris
- “Home is where the heart is.” – Pliny the Elder
- “Home is a shelter from storms – all sorts of storms.” – William J. Bennett
And to write these inspirational new home wishes, you’ll need the perfect card to match. We’d recommend browsing through our selection of contemporary new home cards, which will align with the messages you’re writing inside.
Best new home cards
Looking for a perfect card to go with your sweet sentiments? Check out some of our top picks for new home cards from some of our fab independent creators.
Be the best looking card on the mantelpiece with our enormous range of new home cards – and if you’ve got some other major card-buying occasions coming up, make sure you’re never lost for words with our fantastic what to write guides. And, check out our brilliant blog, filled with helpful articles on the best new home gift ideas and how to throw the perfect housewarming party!