Any birthday is a great excuse to celebrate, but 60 is quite the milestone. For example, you can now get free eye tests and dental care as well as being able to apply for discounts on public transport – what more could you want!?
After all these years, those turning 60 are bound to have heard all the generic 60th birthday greetings before. So, if you want something a bit more than a typical happy 60th birthday message, then carry on reading for some inspiration.
Traditional 60th birthday messages
If you’re not sure exactly what you want to say, then the safest option is to get a nice traditional birthday card complete with a simple handwritten note within to wish then a happy 60th birthday message:
- Wishing you all the best on your 60th birthday; hope you have a lovely day.
- Thank you for being a part of our lives, and happy 60th birthday.
- Congratulations on turning the big 6-0, hope you have a great time celebrating!
- Another milestone birthday, happy 60th! I hope you have a lovely day celebrating.
- Cheers to you turning 60; we’ll be sure to celebrate properly when I next see you!
- May your 60th birthday celebrations be even half as amazing as you are!
Funny 60th birthday wishes
There are plenty of jokes to be made regarding turning the ripe old age of 60. So, what better way to jazz up a funny 60th birthday card than with one of these hilariously funny 60th birthday wishes inside?
We’d recommend maybe avoiding these for those who are extra conscious of their age, though and stick to some safer 60th birthday greetings:
- Happy Birthday! This year, we’ve planned to celebrate at the ancient history museum to make you feel more at home.
- Time is ticking; it won’t be long before I ship you off to the old people’s home!
- Do you know what the best part about turning sixty is? Wrinkles are to be expected at your age. Happy Birthday!
- Look 40, act 20, and you’ll ace this whole being 60 thing.
- Apologies, we couldn’t find a cake big enough to fit all sixty candles… hope this will do and that you have an amazing birthday!
- You look brilliant – I know it took 60 years, but it paid off.
- I’ll tell you what, you don’t look a day over 59 – happy 60th birthday!
Rude 60th birthday messages
If you want to take things even further than funny, then you could opt for one of these rude 60th birthday messages (but please make sure to be more than certain that both you and the recipient can handle this).
We even have a selection of rude 60th birthday cards on our website that would go perfectly with your blunt message.
- 60 years old – but don’t worry, you’ve still got it! The hard part is remembering where it is.
- They say with age comes wisdom… so what happened to you?
- Just to put things into perspective, once you turn 60, you get free prescriptions, and I think that says everything about what the future holds for you.
- We had a bet going on whether you’d reach 60 or not, so thanks for costing me £5.
- 60 might just be a number, but it’s a f*cking big one!
- Welcome to your sh*tty sixties!
- Time to start ironing out that wrinkly skin now that you’re officially 60.
- Have fun celebrating but don’t get too plastered – I think a hangover at 60 would just kill you outright.
Heartfelt 60th birthday greetings for parents
While we should cherish and love our parents year-round, birthdays are a great time to go the extra mile and really show your appreciation for everything they’ve done for you in a lovely birthday card.
In case you’re not sure where to start, here are some heartfelt 60th birthday message suggestions that you might want to draw inspiration from:
- You really are the glue of this family, happy 60th birthday!
- I’m so blessed to have a great parent like you to look up to. You deserve the world, happy 60th birthday!
- Happy 60th birthday mum – you’ve been my rock all these years and truly made me who I am today, thank you.
- Dad, I just want to wish you the happiest of 60th birthdays. Growing up with you around was always an adventure and here’s to many more!
- Every child deserves a parent like you! Wishing you the happiest of 60th birthdays, which we’ll be sure to celebrate in style.
Sentimental 60th birthday wishes for partners
Perhaps it’s your partner who’s turning 60 this year, and you want to write them an extra special happy 60th birthday message that makes their heart flutter. We’ve pulled together a few suggestions, but feel free to swap out any pet names for your own:
- I’m so glad we get to celebrate your special day together – happy 60th birthday sweetheart.
- To my other half – I have no idea what I would do without you in my life, wishing you the happiest of birthdays.
- Forever grateful that I met you and hope to make your special day that bit more wonderful. Happy birthday, my love.
- I can’t quite believe you’re sixty; it feels like only yesterday was the day we first met.
- Since the start, you have made me feel like the luckiest person alive. Happy birthday my darling, I love you endlessly.
- Whatever would I do without you? Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!
Happy 60th birthday wishes for a friend
If you’re celebrating a friend turning sixty, then chances are, you’ve known them for a long, long time. Which is great, because as well as some meaningful 60th birthday messages, you can break out the funny 60th birthday wishes as well:
- So you’re finally turning sixty, are you? I guess this makes it official, we technically are now really old friends.
- I can’t believe we’re still friends at sixty! At this point, I can get away teasing you about anything.
- You might be sixty, but to me, you barely seem to have aged. Mind you, that might be because I see you every week.
- What a pair of wrinkly prunes we’ve become. Happy birthday to my oldest friend.
- Congratulations on your 60th birthday! Let’s keep ageing together like fine wines.
Memorable 60th birthday quotes
Looking for a meaningful quote rather than a funny message for a 60th birthday? We’ve scoured the web to find the best 60th birthday quotes for you to use in your loved one’s card, all designed to remind them how great turning 60 is:
- “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Jack Benny
- “With mirth and laughter, let old wrinkles come” – William Shakespeare
- “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most, live the longest.” – Larry Lorenzoni
- “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
- “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.” – Chili Davis
So, now you’ve got a full bank of 60th birthday message ideas that you could use, it’s time to get writing! But if you’re still on the hunt for the perfect card too? Be sure to have a gander at our range of 60th birthday cards.
And if the celebrations totally slipped your mind altogether and you’re sorting out a card last minute, then you’re in luck as we offer next-day delivery. Not only that, but should you need something to go with your card, then just peruse our selection of cards with a gift, where you can find chocolate, flowers, alcohol and much more.
And, of course, if you’ve got another birthday or celebration fast approaching and need a bit more assistance, then be sure to check out the rest of our what-to-write suggestions or even our gift guides over on the thortful blog.