Wow! 50 years of marriage – what an accomplishment! While congratulations are certainly in order for the happy couple, there’s so much more that can be said on this momentous occasion. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of our favourite 50th wedding anniversary wishes to help you decide what to write in a golden wedding anniversary card.
Any wedding anniversary is cause for celebration, but there are few things more beautiful than a couple reaching their 50th wedding anniversary! We don’t need to point out that fifty years is a long time to be with your partner, but this astonishing length of time is what makes a couple’s golden anniversary that much more special. So, when it comes to writing 50th wedding anniversary messages, there’s no reason to hold back on the inspiring words, fond memories, and heartfelt quotes!
Relationships that last this long are brimming with love, even if the couple in question doesn’t outwardly show it every waking moment. They’re the masters of compromise and experts at long-term planning. It’s important to recognise this incredible achievement, as well as all the trials and tribulations that they’ve been through together by writing heartfelt and sincere 50th wedding anniversary messages in their card.
But, with that in mind, you might be feeling just a tad intimidated when it comes to what to write in a golden wedding anniversary card. That’s ok; it is a pretty big event after all. Just remember – it’s not how long you make your golden anniversary card messages, but what you put in them that counts.
Whether you’re looking for golden wedding anniversary card ideas for your parents, 50th wedding anniversary messages for your grandparents or 50th-anniversary wishes for your friends, thortful is right here to help you nail those golden wedding messages!
Traditional 50th golden wedding messages for your partner
It’s you and your partner’s special day, so you might feel it’s pretty important that you hit the right note with your golden anniversary card messages. But don’t feel pressured, just remind them how much they mean to you by writing your golden anniversary card message from the heart. Fifty years is a long time, and it can be difficult to fit all you have to say in your 50th wedding anniversary wishes. But don’t hold back – just put pen to paper and we’re sure the perfect golden wedding messages will come to mind. If you need to get those creative juice flowing, though, take a look at our 50th wedding anniversary messages ideas below:
- It’s been an incredible 50 years and I’ve loved every step of the journey (yes, even the rough parts). Happy golden anniversary! Let’s make it to our diamond!
- Happy 50th wedding anniversary! We’ve been together so long that I can’t see myself spending the rest of my life with anyone else.
- These past 50 years have been so exciting and memorable that they’ve absolutely flown by, and I’ve loved every minute of it.
- My love for you has only grown more and more, year on year. I love you so much now, but I know I’ll love you even more still by our 60th anniversary.
- Our marriage is as perfect as I’d want it to be, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Heartfelt 50th wedding anniversary wishes for parents
If it’s your parent’s golden wedding, chances are, you’re already well involved in the planning process. You might be helping to plan a party, making a cake or organising some fabulous gifts. But, with so much to arrange for their special day, make sure you don’t compromise on their 50th wedding anniversary card.
While the excitement of a party is great, nothing speaks louder than heartfelt 50th wedding anniversary wishes for parents. Golden wedding messages from their children can be treasured for the rest of their lives. So, to give you some inspiration, here are some of our ideas for 50th wedding anniversary wishes for parents:
- We’ve 50 years of unforgettable moments and memories to look back fondly on, and none of them would be the same without either of you.
- With any family, there are good years and bad years, trials and tribulations, and yet, the two of you made it through them unscathed. We couldn’t be happier for you.
- Your relationship and deep love for one another is something to be aspired to and emulated. We’re so proud to be your children.
- Congratulations on reaching your 50th wedding anniversary and for giving each other so many decades of happy memories.
- Reaching your 50th wedding anniversary is such an incredible milestone, but we can’t wait for you to reach your 60th so we can do these celebrations all over again.
Funny 50th wedding anniversary wishes for parents
If your parents prefer a good laugh over lovey-dovey sentimentality, then you might be better including funny 50th wedding anniversary wishes in their card. After all, they do say laughter is the best medicine, and to have lasted 50 years together, we’re sure they both have a great sense of humour. So, what better way to remind them of all those hilarious memories than with some funny golden anniversary messages. Shine a light on their day with these funny 50th wedding anniversary messages:
- We can’t believe you guys are still together after all those constant arguments. Well done!
- Remember when dad smashed your great aunt’s expensive china that one time? It’s impressive you only made him sleep on the couch.
- Happy golden anniversary! We’ll try not to ruin it by getting smashed.
- We know it’s your 50th anniversary but try not to party too hard. We don’t want to be the ones carrying you back to your hotel.
- Don’t worry about booking the venue so late, we’ll keep on partying once you hit your 10pm bedtime.
Traditional golden anniversary card messages for Grandparents
There’s no doubt that it’s amazing when your parents reach their golden wedding anniversary, but it’s just as special when your grandparents get there too. Through thick and thin, your grandparents have stuck together and made it half a century by each other’s side. So, the very least you can do is take the time to write some truly meaningful 50th wedding anniversary wishes to make them smile. Share some fond memories with them on this special day with some happy golden anniversary messages:
- I have so many great memories of times spent with the two of you but this one is truly special.
- How the times have changed since you both met. The only thing that hasn’t is your love for each other.
- It’s so wonderful to see the two of you beaming like it’s your wedding day all over again.
- Everyone has a great story to tell, but I’m so glad I’m here to witness such a monumental point in yours.
- If there was ever a life to follow as an example of how to live life to the fullest, it’s yours. Happy 50th wedding anniversary.
Funny 50th-anniversary wishes for friends
Last, but certainly not least, if you’ve been given the privilege of witnessing two close friends spend 5 decades together in a mostly blissful marriage, then there is no better time than now to share a few old jokes with them in the form of funny 50th wedding anniversary wishes for friends. Whether you’ve known them from the very beginning or met them mid-way through their marriage, let them know how much you value their brilliant sense of humour through some fun-filled 50th wedding anniversary wishes for friends:
- Wow, 50 years spent together, and you somehow haven’t smothered each other in your sleep. Congratulations!
- I knew from the moment the two of you met that you’d be together forever. In fact, I made sure of it! Happy 50th anniversary.
- Your 50th wedding anniversary you say? That schoolyard bet has really gotten out of hand, hasn’t it?
- I can’t believe the two of you have been together for so long. It’s been a privilege to witness, mostly.
- Happy 50th wedding anniversary, do you think you’ll be able to make it to your 60th?
Golden wedding anniversary quotes
Wishing your loved ones well on their wedding day means a lot, but if you’re not sure what to say, why not just include a golden wedding anniversary quote in their card instead? Here’s a list of our favourite love-filled 50th wedding anniversary quotes:
- “Love has no age as it is always renewing itself.” -Blaise Pascal
- “An anniversary is not divided into mere hours of a day but measured in each moment when two never stop being one.” -Byron Pulsifer
- “The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time.” -Lawrence Durrell
- “An anniversary happens to be a celebration of partnership, trust, love, and tolerance.” -Angela Hopkins
- “Your wide eyes are the only light I know from extinguished constellations.” -Pablo Neruda
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” -Lao-Tzu
- “True love doesn’t come to you, it has to be inside you.” -Julia Roberts
Golden wedding anniversary card ideas
With these quotes in hand, you should have no trouble knowing what to write in a golden wedding anniversary card – whether it’s 50th wedding anniversary wishes for parents, golden wedding messages for your other half, or 50th wedding anniversary wishes for friends.
Writing golden wedding anniversary messages in a card can be daunting, and it can seem impossible to know what to say, but hopefully we’ve given you some 50th wedding anniversary wishes inspo to get you started.
Naturally, if you want even more inspiration on what to write in cards, be it for another anniversary or a special occasion, like a birthday, Valentine’s Day, or Christmas, head over to the thortful blog now!
Here at thortful, we have cards for all occasions, each made by one of our individual thortful creators. Browse our selection today to find a card that’s truly unique, helping to make a memorable day that much more memorable.