Perhaps you’re no longer going to be in the same class during the next school year, or maybe your favourite teacher is leaving for another job or retiring? Whatever the reason, we’ve come up with all sorts of teacher leaving messages for you so that you can show your appreciation for everything they’ve done.
Teachers are some of the most caring people. After all, they do dedicate the majority of their time to helping educate others (alongside dealing with all the classroom drama). Of all the jobs to choose, being a teacher is non-stop and you play such an important role in shaping future generations.
Sweet farewell messages for teachers
Maybe you’re not the type of person to get all emotional or have a particularly close relationship with your teacher? That’s okay! If you’re not sure what you want to say, the best thing to do is keep it sweet and simple, like these messages:
- Thank you for everything you’ve done for all your students this year.
- I’ve learnt so much this year and that’s all because of your amazing teaching. Thanks for everything and I’ll miss you being my teacher!
- There’s no way I would have achieved what I have this year if I hadn’t had you as my teacher. I’m so sad you won’t be teaching me again next year but wish you all the best.
- I just wanted you to know that I always really looked forward to coming into school every day because of you. Thank you for being such an amazing teacher!
- You’ve been the best teacher in the whole wide world and I’m so sad that I won’t be in your classroom again next year.
Goodbye teacher quotes
Don’t think you’re a natural with words? Quotes are an easy alternative that still carry just as much meaning and thought behind them and will work perfectly in a traditional thank you teacher card. To get you going, here are some of our favourite teacher leaving quotes:
- “If you have to put someone on a pedestal, put teachers. They are society’s heroes.” – Guy Kawasaki
- “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” – Colleen Wilcox
- “Everyone who remembers his own education remembers teachers, not methods and techniques. The teacher is the heart of the educational system.” – Sidney Hook
- “Our fingerprints don’t fade from the lives we touch.” – Judy Blume
- “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.” – Unknown
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry B. Adams
Funny messages for teachers leaving
If you think of yourself as a bit of a class clown, then why not live up to your reputation and include one of our funny messages for any teachers who are leaving. Here are some of our ideas to get you going:
- Are you leaving because of me? My bad.
- While I wish you all the best with your new class next year, let’s be honest, you’ll never find another student as funny as me.
- Psst. Don’t tell the others but you’re definitely my favourite teacher.
- You’re leaving? Who’s going to put up with me now?
- I heard that you’re not going to be my teacher again next year, guess it’s time to see if I can beat my personal record for making a teacher laugh.
- Do you know the worst part about this? I was finally starting to pay attention in class.
Retirement messages for teachers
Finally, after all the hours they’ve spent marking homework and teaching countless classes, they’ve taken the leap and decided that it’s time to retire. If you’re thinking about sending them a charming message, we’ve come up with a few you might want to use. And since it is their retirement, why not throw in one of our gifts to go along nicely with your card?
- Congratulations on your retirement! Bet you’re excited to live like it’s the summer holidays 24/7.
- Now you’re retiring from teaching, it’s time to put your feet up and just think about yourself.
- Happy retirement, onto the next chapter post-teaching.
- I’m sure that even after retirement you’ll still continue sharing your wisdom but now it’s time to focus on relaxing.
- There will never be another teacher as great as you, enjoy retirement!
- Thank you for dedicating so much of your life to education, [school name] won’t be the same without you.
Now you have a better idea of what you’re going to write, it’s time to pick the card. And boy oh boy, you’re in luck because here at thortful we’ve got a huge selection of Thank You Teacher cards to choose from.
Do you sometimes struggle to find the right words? We’ve got all sorts of inspiration on what to write over on the thortful blog.