Results day is right around the corner meaning it’s almost time for students up and down the country to celebrate their exam successes. After spending a lot of their spare time studying and revising, the least they deserve is some praise and a well done from those around them. If you want your card to stand out, then why not add a personal message inside? Don’t worry if you can’t think of anything to say, we’ve pulled together a collection of simple, funny, and rude message ideas (and even some proud results day quotes and commiseration messages) that you can pretend you thought of all by yourself. And if you’ve not yet sorted a card, then make sure to browse our wide range of congratulations cards where you’re bound to find something – from cute to cheeky and arty, we’ve got everything!
Simple congratulations on passing your exams messages
Sometimes it’s best to keep things simple and a kind exam congratulations note is all you need. We’ve come up with a few suggestions of our own for what you might want to write:
- Congratulations on doing so well in your exams, we knew you could do it!
- We’re all so proud of your results, massive congratulations and well done!
- Look at you completely acing your exams, congrats!
- You’re an absolute superstar, massive well done on your epic exam results.
- Congrats on absolutely smashing your exams! Can’t wait to see what the future holds for you.
- You make taking exams seem so easy, congratulations!
- I guess you’re a proper clever clogs, amazing work!
Proud congratulations for passing your exams quotes
If there’s any time to use an inspirational quote in a card, surely, it’s for the most hardworking student you know. So, for anyone feeling super proud, here are some ‘well done’ quotes that we’ve found:
- “I’m so proud of you that it makes me proud of me. I hope you know that.” – John Green
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.” – Marvin Phillips
- “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
- “It is not in the starts to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
- “There is nothing to regret with a job well done” – Joe Garcia
- “There is a wild, splendid, intoxicating joy that follows work well done.” – Elbert Hubbard
Funny congratulations on your exam results messages
A great way to add some extra personality to your funny card is with a humorous note from yourself. We understand that not everybody can be a comedy genius, so we’ve come up with a few that you can steal:
- Well would you look at that, you’re not as dumb as we all thought!
- Wait… since when did you actually have a brain AND use it?
- I guess this officially makes you the brainiac of the family, congrats!
- Might be worth getting a DNA test sorted because I’ve no idea where you got your intelligence from.
- Thanks for showing all the rest of us up, what am I supposed to tell my mum now?!
- Are we sure that these are your results? Did you double-check? I demand a recount!
- Hm, does this mean you’ve just been acting dumb all these years then? Just kidding, congrats!
Rude congratulations on your exam results messages
If you want to take things a bit further (potentially too far), then you could always add a cheeky or sarcastic comment to your rude congratulations card. (However, we won’t be held accountable if they don’t find it funny.) To help get you started, we’ve come up with a few:
- Look at you f*cking go, massive congrats!
- I guess this just shows how easy they make exams for you all these days.
- Let’s just hope this isn’t your peak, congrats d*ckhead!
- Congratu-bloody-lations, I had no faith, but boy did you prove me wrong.
- Thanks a lot, now I owe your mum a tenner!
- Well done, you passed the easiest part of life! Welcome to the real world.
- Woah, you’re a proper f*cking genius, the next Einstein for sure!
Heartfelt commiseration messages
Of course, things don’t always go to plan, and they might not have received the results they were hoping for. We’ve all been there, and it can feel like the end of the world when things don’t go our way. If this is the case, it might be worth sending them our reassuring Epic Fail Exam card with a heartfelt commiseration message inside:
- Remember, your exam results don’t define you/
- As Jeremy Clarkson reminds us all each and every year, he got a C and two Us at A-Level but is still living his best life!
- Sending all my love and support, here if you need anything at all.
- I know this isn’t what you were hoping for, but there’s no reason this will hold you back. You got this!
- Don’t let this bring you down, we know how hard you worked and are so proud of what you’ve achieved!
- There’s a lot more to life than what you get in your exams, keep your head up!
- Please know that all your hard work and effort wasn’t for nothing. All that mattered is that you gave it your all!
- If it means anything, all the rest of us did rubbish in our exams too.
If you know a student that’s worked extra hard this year, why not add a gift to go with your thortful card? You can also check out the rest of the thortful blog for a whole range of lifestyle articles, gift guides, and other what to write ideas.