Easter is a wonderful time of year. For the sentimental amongst us, it marks the start of spring, with the sight of new flowers blooming and the promise of brighter days – and also the promise of eating nothing but chocolate over an extra-long weekend with two bank holidays. Whatever makes you excited about Easter, celebrate the occasion by sending a brilliant Easter card from thortful to friends and family.
Wondering what to write in an Easter card? It’s not quite as simple as “Happy Birthday”, but we’ve made it as easy as scoffing a creme egg! How? Well, we’ve put our heads together to create this helpful guide on what to write in an Easter card. Pick one of these appropriate Happy Easter messages to let your loved ones know you’re thinking of them this spring.
Image source: Pexels
Simple Easter messages
For some sweet and heartfelt emotion on Easter weekend, you can’t go wrong with a simple Easter message. We’ve gathered together some options for saying Happy Easter that keep fuss to a minimum. Simply pair these with our classic pretty Easter cards for a sweet surprise to family and friends…
- Wishing you a very Happy Easter and a wonderful spring.
- Here’s hoping your Easter is full of sweet treats this year!
- Happy, hoppy Easter to you!
- Wishing you all the chocolate this Easter
- Just wanted to say a warm springtime hello
- May your spring be full of happy things
- Hoping your Easter is extra happy and bright this year!
- Sending you Happy Easter wishes and big hugs this year.
As well as sending a card with simple Easter messages for them to read, a nice present wouldn’t go amiss. Check out our wide range of gifts to send alongside your card. A pair of socks from our range might tempt you. After all, everyone always needs a pair, and these match the theme of your card…
Funny Easter messages
Looking for some funny Easter messages? We’ve got you covered – as long as your friends and family can tolerate some really lame egg-based puns. Here’s what to write in an Easter card for a loved one who’s willing to laugh about how much they love chocolate Easter eggs. If you need more inspiration, check out our funny Easter cards, created by independent creators who appreciate a cheesy joke just as much as we do.
- Happy stuff-your-face-with-chocolate day!
- Chocolate is for life, not just for Easter
- Wishing you a most eggcellent, eggciting and eggstraordinary Easter
- I will not be apologising for the following pun: You are eggs-quisite.
- It’s Easter, which means it’s absolutely acceptable to eat chocolate for breakfast.
- Happy Easter! Remember – if you see a rabbit laying little brown eggs, do not eat them – they’re not chocolate.
- I did get you an Easter egg. But I ate it.
- Here’s to a four day weekend and eating as much chocolate as humanly possible.
To suit the theme of your card, you’ll need chocolate gifts to match. So, browse our selection of goodies and send them a wonderful gift as well as a funny card.
Image source: Unsplash
Easter messages for children
If you’re wondering what to write in an Easter card for a child, don’t worry – we’ve got you sorted. For your bouncing little bunnies and fluffy little chicks, here are some sweet and simple Happy Easter messages that are perfect to write in one of our charming Easter cards for kids.
- Have an egg-stra Happy Easter!
- Happy Easter to our favourite little bunny!
- Wishing you a hippity-hoppy Happy Easter
- I hope the Easter bunny brings you the very best treats this year
- I hope your Easter is sweeter than chocolate
- Some-bunny would like to say Happy Easter to you
- Are you ready for the Easter egg hunt? Better hop to it!
- Hugs and kisses to our little one – here’s to an Easter that’s baskets of fun!
And what would an Easter card be without a present? Check out our varied selection of gifts to spoil them with chocolate and more!
Religious Easter verses for cards
Looking for some Easter card messages to write in a card for religious friends and family? Our traditional Easter cards are perfect for sending best wishes and blessings.
Share the hope and joy of Easter with these beauties this year:
- Happy Easter and God bless you and your loved ones.
- May you be blessed with love and peace this Easter
- Celebrating the Lord and the gift of new life this Easter
- In celebration of the resurrection, wishing you a year of joyful blessings
- Wishing you a blessed Easter.
- Wishing you all of the Lord’s blessings on this very special day.
- Easter greetings to you and your family on this blessed day.
- Sending you all the joy of the miracle of Easter.
If you’re hoping to send your recipient a little treat to mark the occasion, we’d say that one of our calming candles will do the trick. Add this to your basket with your religious card, and add your “Happy Easter” messages in there.
Easter card messages don’t always have to come straight from you. Instead, you can toy around with fun ideas, like incorporating inspiring Easter quotes in your card. There are plenty out there to choose from, discussing the joys of Easter and all the highlights that come with it: spring, flowers blooming and new life coming to light.
Here are some of our favourite quotes, which will help you know exactly what to write in an Easter card:
- “Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.” – Janine di Giovanni
- “The great gift of Easter is hope.” – Basil Hume
- “All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!” – Charles M. Schulz
- “For I remember it is Easter Morn and life and love and peace are all new born.” – Alice Freeman Palmer
- “‘Twas Easter-Sunday. The full-blossomed trees filled all the air with fragrance and with joy.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.” – S.D. Gordon
- “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” – Pablo Neruda
- “A flower blossoms for its own joy.” – Oscar Wilde.
One thing is key from these messages: that Easter is all about life blooming and growing. So, one of our beautiful bunches of flowers would make the perfect gift to send along with your card in the post. Your lucky giftee will be beaming with joy – which is what we want to achieve for this special occasion.
Best Easter cards from thortful
Okay, so you know what to write in a card – but have you found the perfect Easter card yet? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered – here’s a selection of our favourite cards from thortful’s independent designers, packed with cute Easter illustrations and truly terrible egg and bunny-related puns.
Unique illustrated cards by Pearl Ivy | Mrs. Best Paper Co. | Violet and Alfie | Treacle & Blush | Muses & May | Pickled Post
No matter who you’re sending an Easter card to this year, make it memorable and sweet with one of these happy Easter messages. And if you’re looking for some more Easter-iffic (it’s a season made for puns, we’re sorry) ideas, then check out our huge range of Easter cards, plus our creative easter egg hunt ideas for all ages, and our printable Easter colouring pages for the kids to enjoy over the bank holiday.
If you need to know what to write in any other kind of card, head to our what to write section – and for more lifestyle inspiration, check out the thortful blog.