As women we deal with so much from periods and pregnancy to mansplaining to name a few and sometimes it can all just get a bit much, can’t it ladies? That’s exactly why we’ve curated this collection of girl power and feminist quotes from inspiring women so you can remember just what a bad b*tch you are.
Inspirational female quotes
Sometimes we just need to hear inspiring words from others, and there are a lot of truly iconic and inspirational famous women in the world to look up to. That’s why we’ve pulled together our favourite empowering quotes from some great female role models:
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyoncé
- “This is your moment. Own it.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do something. Especially not yourself.” – Mindy Kaling
- “Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles.” – Tina Fey
- “It’s not the absence of fear, it’s overcoming it. Sometimes you’ve got to blast through and have faith.” – Emma Watson
- “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
Powerful women quotes
You can’t always wake up and feel ready to take on the world, but these strong quotes for women from women are bound to change your mindset. Are you ready to turn your day right around? Simply take a look at the below strong quotes for women and feel an instant wave of inner confidence:
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
- “If you can dance and be free and not be embarrassed, you can rule the world.” – Amy Poehler
- “Women don’t need to find a voice, they have a voice, and they need to feel empowered to use it, and people need to be encouraged to listen.” – Meghan Markle
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!” – Dolly Parton
- “Women are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until they are in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Strong women don’t have ‘attitudes’, we have standards.” – Marilyn Monroe
Feminist quotes from famous women
Feminism is all about equality and knowing that women can do anything a man can (and maybe even better, we’d like to see men try to last a full night out wearing heels). Thanks to the forward-thinking women of the past, we secured the right to vote and are starting to see more women in top positions.
Being a woman in the 21st century still comes with its own set of challenges and it’s important to remember how powerful your voice is. These quotes about feminism will do just that:
- “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” – Maya Angelou
- “Feminism is for everybody.” – Bell Hooks
- “I do not wish women to have power over men; but over themselves.” – Mary Shelley
- “Feminism is not a dirty word. It does not mean you hate men, it does not mean you hate girls that have nice legs and a tan, and it does not mean you are a ‘bitch’ or ‘dyke’; it means you believe in equality.” – Kate Nash
- “Women belong in all places where decisions are made… It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “I raise my voice–not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard… We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” – Malala Yousafzai
Girl power gifts and cards
If you want to send a woman in your life a reminder of how fabulous she is, we’ve got a wide selection of girl power cards to pick from. And all the inspirational female quotes we’ve listed would be perfect to go inside your card and lift up the woman in your life whether that’s your daughter, sister or best friend!
And to go along nicely with your card, why not send them a sweet little gift too? Below are a few of our girl power gift ideas.
- A lovely piece of jewellery – No one can turn down a lovely piece of jewellery and if you give it to someone along with a note explaining how badass they are then each time she wears it she’ll remember just that.
- An inspirational book – There are all sorts of books out there to choose from. Whether you opt for something focusing on feminism like ‘Women Don’t Owe You Pretty’ or an autobiography by an inspirational female such as Michelle Obama’s ‘Becoming’.
- A girl power phone case – We’ve always got our phones on us, so what better way to remind someone how amazing they are than with a phone case that has a women empowerment quote or image on it. Take a look at this one from Casetify.
Hopefully, you’ve got your fill of girl power quotes and can come back here whenever you need some extra motivation or a little pick-me-up. Since you’re on a roll you should go ahead and check out our post on iconic and inspiring women throughout history which includes even more women empowerment quotes that you’re bound to love.
And whilst you’re here, we really recommend taking a look at the rest of the thortful blog where we cover all sorts of special occasion and lifestyle topics.